I am going to be completely honest here. I am kind of funny when it comes to birthdays. I usually have too high of expectations, and then when all my dreams don't come true, I get disappointed. I have cried or been disappointed in some little way on my birthday for as long as I can remember.
Except for this year.
Even though I had to go to work and class on my birthday, it ended up being a fantastic day. The best part of all was the surprise party that Lincoln planned. When I came home from class on my birthday, I was actually surprised to see all our friends in our tiny little apartment.
And Lincoln even made the cake and cupcakes (along with all the other wonderful things he gave and did for me on my special day.)



Thank you!
13 comments:
such a cute cake, your husband must be just as creative as you are! I am the same way about birthdays, must have been the way we grew up but if my day is not spectacular than i consider it a wasted birthday :) Glad you had a HAPPY day!
I am so sad we couldn't make it, but SO glad your Birthday was great! How cute in Lincoln to do cupcakes like that! SO CUTE!! Did you get any hangers? I love that you wanted plastic hangers!! You are just too cute!
Lincoln, how cute are you. I am so proud of you for knowing Ali so well that you know how to make all her dreams come true - and that you actually do it!
Happy Birthday Ali - I sure love you!
Yay! I am so glad you had a GREAT birthday.
I have the same problem on my birthday. I've learned to lower my expectations to ensure my own happiness.
Glad you had a happy one... enjoy this year... Lance insists that you are in your prime at 25....it's only downhill from here...just kidding.
I apologize.
I am sooo sorry that your past birthdays were less than you expected. Do you think that if I bought you an Easy Bake Oven now it might erase some of the disappointment, pain, and tears from years gone by?
I am so glad that Lincoln knows what it takes to give you happy birthday memories now.
Love,
Mom
Happy birthday! I'm sorry I missed it!! That sweet Lincoln, at it again :) As far as disappointment, just be glad your birthday isn't the day after Christmas ...
Happy belated birthday!
woot woot! happy birthday cute girl!! So glad we could be there for it! You're just one of my most favorite people in the world, that's all. Keep dreaming big Smiths-as-next-door-neighbors dreams, and we'll all hope they come true. :) I'm so glad you had a wonderful day. I have a belated card pending for you (I know, I was there and didn't have it then, lame, it's true). That Lincoln sure knows how to woo you...
I'm glad you had a fabulous birthday! It's fun to see my sis in those pics.
I love the cupcakes. Lincoln is amazing. Glad you had a great birthday especially with someone that doesn't complain about how his back hurts all the time:)
Happy 25th birthday! You two look so cute! Have you noticed that I am trying VERY hard to not be such a blog slacker :-) Hope you guys are doing great!
I can't believe I didn't know it was your birthday! I just saw you last night and I would have wished you the best of birthdays!
Seriously, call me about helping you paint and move this week. I'm all about it.
Post a Comment