After a quick day trip to Chile, Lincoln and I arrived in Argentina Tuesday.
Oh how much we have missed this place!
We were in Mar Del Plata until Wednesday, then Balcarce, then Olavarria, and now we are in Punta Alta before we head out to Buenas Aires.
We have already eaten at least 12 alfajores, 10 facturas, 16 empanadas, and have had 2 azados!
Estamos re bien!
Some of our favorite sayings that we have heard from our friends down here already are=
"Lincoln, you are skinnier now" then we visited another familythat same day and they said "Lincoln you are fatter now"
and
"You have been married a year and a half! When are you going to have kids already!?"
and
I sneezed once, and they said, "oh no! Do you have swine flu?"
and when I was sitting waiting for Lincoln in a store, this cute old man came and sat next to me, as soon as he left, another old woman who was sitting next to us said, "that old man is super ugly!"
Oh man, it cracks me up.
Even though it is freezing here, because it is winter, we are having the time of our lives.
More to come when we get home... in two weeks.
7 comments:
Oh my gosh SOunds amazing. What a neat thing to have in common with each other a love of Argentina. Eric and I LOVE south American but my heart is with Ecuador and his with Chile so we keep fighting over which we will visit first. I think Chile will win, we may take the kids there over Christmas. I cannot wait to hear more of your adventures and see pics. Have so much fun!
weird, that steve comment was from me Hailey, I dont know why or how but my brother in law was signed in on my computer.
Where haven't you two been, I mean honestly. Well while you're out traveling don't hesitate to swing on by. That is if we don't get to you two first! I love the streak of gravesites you've been to. How cool is that? Miss ya
we sure miss you guys in primary. sounds like you're having a wonderful time...enjoy!
that's so great you both were able to return to your missionary stomping grounds :) What an amazing trip!! We just got back from Mexico & Belize, Central America was incredible!...i can only imagine South America! Hope the rest of your trip goes perfect :) be safe!
So fun! We still need to visit Argentina sometime since that is where Tim went on his mission too. What airport do you recommend flying into? (For some reason it is really daunting for me to try to figure out which airport would be best to fly to in a foreign country, so the tip would be extremely helpful.) Have fun during the rest of your trip!
jealous!!! But you already knew that. Aguante Argentina...how I love that crazy land.
Post a Comment