After our wonderful surprise trip to Paris, we caught a flight to Cairo, stayed a night in our hostel then headed out to the Sahara Desert.

After a very long, and sweaty bus ride we arrived in the desert and had some lunch.
(and I wonder why we got so sick in Egypt...)

Then we headed to the Black Desert first.

We went on a little hike and climbed the top of the largest peak.


It was beautiful. I think the sound of absolute silence was my favorite part.



Oh man, there was so many mini prayers I said in my head while we were in this vehicle.
I seriously thought we would get stuck a million different times, but that old clunker seemed to fix right up and then we would head out on our way again.

The mini arch (which we weren't very impressed with, since Utah's arch is so much bigger)



After a very long, and sweaty bus ride we arrived in the desert and had some lunch.
(and I wonder why we got so sick in Egypt...)

Then we headed to the Black Desert first.

We went on a little hike and climbed the top of the largest peak.


It was beautiful. I think the sound of absolute silence was my favorite part.



Oh man, there was so many mini prayers I said in my head while we were in this vehicle.
I seriously thought we would get stuck a million different times, but that old clunker seemed to fix right up and then we would head out on our way again.

The mini arch (which we weren't very impressed with, since Utah's arch is so much bigger)


At each unique rock formation our tour guide would insist that we get out of the car and take pictures.
The crazy part is all the cell phones had GREAT reception in the middle of the desert!


The Bunny


The Chicken and the Mushroom




Finally, after a full day of driving we settled down for camp.

And watched the beautiful sunset.




There we definitely plenty of creatures and critters in the night...

Yet, it was still very peaceful to sleep under the desert stars

and watch the sunrise




We stretched a little before we got back on our journey
On our way back to Cairo we had an even longer (8 hours) and sweatier bus ride than before. It was crowded and there was no AC, but we try not to think about it...


The Bunny


The Chicken and the Mushroom




Finally, after a full day of driving we settled down for camp.

And watched the beautiful sunset.




There we definitely plenty of creatures and critters in the night...

Yet, it was still very peaceful to sleep under the desert stars

and watch the sunrise




We stretched a little before we got back on our journey

On our way back to Cairo we had an even longer (8 hours) and sweatier bus ride than before. It was crowded and there was no AC, but we try not to think about it...




9 comments:
Gorgeous! And I love the poses, Ali! I need to take your class!
Fabulous photos!
OOOoo, look at you and your fancy new blog layout! Love it! And I'm so glad to see that someone FINALLY commented on how awesome your photos are. Seriously! Way to rock the new camera! The pics are rad, and your pilates poses kind of make me feel like I'm really lame because I can't touch my toes. I've got a long way to go...any secret desire to be my personal trainer?? :)
Wow Ali! Too cool! You are such a talented photgrapher. I'm glad you guys got a chance to do this.
AWESOME pictures! You are an amazing photographer.
haha I loved all the rock pictures!! You two are so creative!! hehe
You always have such fabulous photos! I would totally love to sleep under the stars in the desert. (now the super long sweaty jeep rides I could do without :)
Looks like the trip of a life time!!! ALL of the photos were stunning! but my favorite is of the one with the campfire and that gorgeous rug by the car :)
these pictures are so beautiful!
you guys make egpyt look so accessible for scaredy-cats like me.
Post a Comment