Tuesday, November 2, 2010

california, california

Turns out going on a business trip with Lincoln isn't as fun as I thought it would be. I ended up hanging out in the hotel while Lincoln worked most of the time... Don't get me wrong, sleeping in and exercising whenever I wanted was nice. But after the second day I was getting a little bored. Good thing Logan and Laura live close to LA!! I called Laura, my sister in law, and she had the brilliant idea of going to the fashion district in LA. Turns out the Fashion District is actually little Mexico. Everyone spoke spanish and you could haggle the prices down. I felt like I was in Argentina again--therefore I was in heaven. Cheap prices for clothes and getting a chance to practice my spanish again=happiness. Laura and her cute daughter Ellie were so fun to be with. They saved my sanity. Way better than watching movies on TV in my hotel room!
Then when the husbands got off work we all had dinner together. It was so good! (both nights)
After the rally this past weekend in DC I was reminded that Colbert really is restoring truthiness and running to keep fear alive in California!!! (JK, this guy is not to be confused with Stephen Colbert. But kind of funny for those political pundints out there. )

And then after two weeks of being away, we came back to DC. Home sweet home.

4 comments:

Alyse said...

FUN! I want to see what you came out of the fashion district with! Wish I could have come with you ladies!

Unknown said...

Ummm... I want your belt. Where is that from? Also, these posts made me miss you. I LOVE the wedding dress story.

Laura Essig said...

that was so fun.. I need to go back and shop.. whenever I leave I always think of the things I didn't buy that I really want

Laura Essig said...

p.s. I am even bigger than when you last saw me..

and I am NEVER eating at claim jumper again.. inless it's just for the cake