Saturday, November 5, 2011

Iceland

Lincoln had to go to Iceland for a meeting with a client. Since work was paying for his flight and hotel, we decided that Eva and I should tag along. I had no idea what to expect in Iceland, but I fell in love with the country while we were there. It was so beautiful. It was like a European Yellowstone. (The water even smelled like Sulfer... just like in Yellowstone)
DSC_0108
I loved Reykjavik. Such a cute and hip little town.
DSC_0103
DSC_0117
DSC_0118
DSC_0123

The first night, we went to the Blue Lagoon. It was way better than Idaho's Lava Hot Springs...
DSC_0131

DSC_0133

DSC_0137

DSC_0138
Eva was such a great sport.
DSC_0158
DSC_0149

DSC_0129 DSC_0125

The next day we toured the Golden Circle.

We started with Kerið -- a volcanic crater lake.
DSC_0181

Then we saw the world-famous Geysir geothermal area, a geothermal field where hot springs are in abundance, geysers explode and pools of mud bubble.
DSC_0185
DSC_0188
DSC_0226
DSC_0186 DSC_0209
DSC_0202

DSC_0217

The magnificent Gullfoss waterfall
DSC_0235
DSC_0251
They don't call it Iceland for nothing...
DSC_0238
DSC_0243
DSC_0244
DSC_0246
DSC_0247
DSC_0252
DSC_0259 DSC_0262
DSC_0269
DSC_0273
Þinghvellir national park, the original site of the oldest existing parliament in the world.
DSC_0276 DSC_0278
DSC_0271
And when Lincoln was working, I toured Reykjavik and really enjoyed myself with baby Eva and another attoney's wife.
DSC_0285
DSC_0289
Eva was a gem the entire trip and during all the flights. She is such a great baby, and at the perfect age to travel.

We loved Iceland, and highly recommend it for a little getaway!

9 comments:

Andi said...

How fun! Adam served his mission in Iceland and speaks the language. Back in 2007, I surprised him with a trip to the island to visit and see all of his friends from his mission. I fell in love with it too. It is such a beautiful, unique place. Adam loves all things Icelandic and was so jealous when I told him you guys went. We are dying to go back again someday. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

jade said...

i am so jealous!! i lived in iceland for six months my sophomore year of college. no place compares. i'd sell my soul to live there again.

Emily Hamilton said...

Ok, hands down, you guys have the coolest adventures. Iceland looks AMAZING! Now I want to go there. I LOVE the pictures.

Holly said...

That is awesome! You guys are so lucky-or should I say BLESSED:) So many fun things you all do! And having a baby doesn't seem to have slowed it down much at all! You guys are such a cute family!

Kristen said...

Alright, it's confirmed. I need to get to iceland.

Janny said...

Wow! Eva is quite the little traveler. I'm glad you guys got to tag along.

Julie said...

ahhh iceland! our favorite place in the world. i love all these pictures with sweet little eva. she is a doll!
we hope to visit next year with our own little babe.

Brooke S. said...

A-awesome! I have been thinking about Iceland lately.... I must find a way to make it "on the way" to somewhere :) So fun!

Marinda said...

Totally rad!