Wednesday, March 13, 2013

LONDON

I was really anxious to have this baby. I really wanted to try for a VBAC and was hoping that I would go into labor early. Also, with my dad's death date anniversary approaching I was pretty emotional. So one of the best things that our little family did was to go on another Baby Moon to visit London and stay with our friend Richelle. We brought Eva and figured that we might as well enjoy it with her. (especially since as soon as she turns two we would have to start paying for her plane ticket)
Eva was really good on the flight. We all loved the endless free movies on international flights.
After catching up on our sleep from the red eye flight we visited the British Museum

In some ways it was an extension of our Egypt trip, since there were so many artifacts from Egypt. 


The Rosetta Stone











Eva learned how to do this right before our trip... Classic.

Eva was pretty good for a while, then she needed to get her energy out and we ended up chasing her for what seemed like hours... 




Until she finally wore herself out and fell asleep in her make shift stroller bed.




A little impromptu pregnancy photo shoot






The next day we saw the Tower of London






















And the Crown Jewels

Then we walked over to London Bridge





And then had lunch at Borough Market




Then we took a tour of the Globe Theater








Eva loved all the subway or "tube" rides

c 
But we did have to find ways to keep her entertained at times... 

We visited the Royal Muse






And saw the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace










We went to the Churchill War Room Museum



Then we toured Westminister






And walked a lot, but tried to take public transportation as much as possible (I was 35 weeks pregnant after all, and I was recovering from a broken foot...)
I often took advantage of these:









We went on a boat cruise on the Thames














One of our favorite parts of the trip was going on a bus tour to see Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Bath. The tour guide was incredibly knowledgable and we learned a ton from her. 

Windsor Castle






Stonehenge 




Eva was more interested in the sheep that were grazing near by and was bored with the stones.




We had to chase after her a couple of times. 








And the beautiful city of Bath














We walked through Hyde Park and visited speakers corner


Lake at Hyde Park



Good thing Lincoln is so strong. He had to carry Eva's stroller everywhere.


 We strolled through Harrods


And visited St. Paul's Cathedral




We absolutely LOVED our trip to London. It was so great to celebrate our 5th year wedding anniversary together while we were there. We loved visiting with Richelle. It was so nice to get my mind off of the stresses of a new baby coming. We both learned so much history while we were there. We are so glad we went, and it was hard to leave and go back to real life. 


1 comment:

Barb said...

What a fun trip! It makes me want to go back! We went to London right after we were married, and I had a broken toe. What's with the foot injuries and London? And I can't believe you did all that while being pregnant and with Eva. Way to go!!