Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Winter 2014

We rang in the New Year right with a bunko party at our house. 



 Date night at the Curious Grape. Lincoln loved the cheese plate, paired with different sparkling ciders. 
Our sweet babysitter Tori makes it possible to enjoy a night out together. And the kids LOVE her. 

 Lots of naps. We feel so grateful that Eva and Emerson are napping at the same time. 
 Except on Sundays. We have a crazy church schedule with trying to get to both wards (Sacrament with Lincoln in the singles ward, and primary/sunday school/Young Women's in the family ward)
You know your schedule is exhausting when your child falls asleep standing up as soon as we get home. 
 Eva and Emerson are becoming best friends. They play so well together. 
 I love this crazy girl. 
I love this adorable boy. And he sure loves his bottles of milk. 
 There is nothing more peaceful then watching your children sleep. It takes all the cares in the world away, seeing them so still and beautiful. 

 And there is nothing Lincoln likes more then a giant Reeses Pieces. 
 With the bad weather outside, we have been meeting friends at different museums. On Tuesdays the butterfly exhibit at the Natural History Museum is free. Eva was a little terrified, but enjoyed it. 

Emerson was a good trooper, and probably enjoyed it more than Eva. 



The butterflies were great but I sure love the gemstones at the Natural History Museum. 

The Native American Museum has the best view of the Capitol, and a great area for kids to play in. 

The way Lincoln likes to clean the floor:


 In memory of my dad's birthday this year we made a little german chocolate cake and sang Happy Birthday. Eva loved it. 



 Trip to Utah for Laura Essig's missionary farewell:
 With two kids we have a lot of stuff.  And I have an incredibly strong husband who can carry all our luggage at once. 



Eva and Emerson always fight over the window seat. 


We love spending time in Utah and visiting Cousins. (We may or may not have 4 kids in the back seat right here... but we weren't driving far)
 Classic Skating with the Essigs
 We are not the most talented skaters (at least I am not) so we spent most of our time in the play area. 










 Bye Laura! We will miss you!

We spent Valentines day in Utah. My mom Joy does such an amazing job to celebrate each holiday. We enjoyed a very festive Sunday dinner. Each of us received valentines. 
 Grandma Holder and Eva
 Cousins!



 Grandma Holder doesn't like to eat her vegetables. 
 Visiting Utah is always exhausting. And sometimes Emerson would just pass out waiting for me to put him to bed. 

 I was planning on getting LASIK in Utah like Lincoln did over our Christmas trip. But sadly after doing the final test they said that my eyes were not shaped correctly and that I wouldn't be a candidate. I was sooo sad. 
 On the flight home, I had to fly alone with the kids for half of the trip (since Lincoln was on a business trip) But I totally lucked out with an extra seat, so the kids had space and they were happy.  
 During our layover in Minneapolis we were able to meet up with Lincoln. We had an hour or two to kill and made good use of our family time. Eva loved riding the train. 
 They had an awesome play area for the kids. 


 And on the next flight Eva got to go into the cockpit and meet the Pilots. They gave her some chocolate and she loved it. 



 Eva and her buddy Ellie.

 Visiting the National Zoo. 


 Lincoln loves having a boy to throw around. 


 Emerson isn't the only one who loves to flip upside down. 

 This year we put Eva in a playgroup run by the city. She loved it. I would often coop in teaching and could bring Emerson. He loved it too.  







 Lots of cuddle time with these two crazy kids. 
 This boy sure loves his mamma. And I sure love him. 

 We visited the fire station with our church playgroup. They gave us an awesome tour. It was so fun. 




 Eva was a little scared at times. 
 But Emerson was fascinated the whole time. 

 Eva and her buddy Hudson grocery shopping at Giant
 Poor Emerson gets sick all the time. Mostly with colds, but he also throws up pretty easily. This is what I call motherly love. There have been many nights spent cleaning up throw up.  

 We love to support our babysitter Tori and see her cheer for her middle school. 

 Visiting the postal museum.

 That's my girl for sure. She loves chocolate. I caught her grabbing a spoon and the jar then opening it up and helping herself.  

Celebrating St. Patricks day in style. 
Green Eggs and Green Waffles. Instead of food coloring, I used spinach. 







No comments: