Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Visiting Utah

I love visiting Utah.

This last week I was in Utah for work. While driving by the Utah Capitol I was reminded how much I love that building.
Lincoln proposed to me behind the Capitol by the fountain a little over 2 years ago.
We even held our wedding reception in one of the rooms in the Capitol Building.
At the time it was symbolic of our long distance DC to Utah relationship.
Little did we know that the symbolism would blossom as time moved forward and we established our roots in DC.
(We now have both worked in the United States Capitol Building)
While I have grown to absolutely love every twist and turn of the beautiful United States Capitol Building, the Utah State Capitol Building will always hold a special place for us.



(The picture below is where Lincoln proposed)







Utah State Capitol



Meeting with Gov. Herbert (Aug. 2009)



4 comments:

M. said...

... for a different reason, i too have fond memories. I used to run those outside stairs every morning of my mission at 6am.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

you guys have got to be the most patriotic couple i know. cute stuff.

Laura Essig said...

I am so sad that I missed you in utah!!! we've decided to stay for the smoot party just so we can see you guys!!!

Melissa said...

wait a minute, I clicked on one of your photos, and the link said "Nikon" with and image number...did you get a new camera!?!? That would be awesome! Feel like I haven't seen you forever...life's been crazy on our end. How about yours?