Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Capitol Tree Lighting Ceremony

This year I decided to venture out for the Capitol Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony. All hill staffers are invited, although not a lot attended this year--maybe because it was FREEZING COLD. The tree was from Wyoming, and they had a nice little program. Speaker Pelosi and a 6 year old boy from Wyoming officially turned the lights on.

I am glad I went. But I could not feel my fingers, nose or toes after the short ceremony. Unless it is 10 degrees warmer, I don't think I will go next year.

Before

After
Super washed out photo of me with the tree. The frightfully cold wind was blowing in my face. Why has it been so cold in DC lately? I swear this is not normal...

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

2 comments:

Erin said...

It's been FREEZING in Richmond too! That dang Canadian air needs to stay where it belongs! I'm already getting the winter blues and it's not even winter... I don't know how I'm gonna survive Utah winters in four years!

watergirl said...

Did you see my Dad's ornament he donated? ;) He retired to Wyoming this summer. So when the tree toured around the state, he visited it, signed the trailer, and donated an ornament.