Friday, July 6, 2012

The Summer Storm of 2012

Last weekend the DC area experienced a pretty big thunderstorm. There was a lot of wind, and as a result lots of tree branches where blown down and they took out many power lines. Thousands of people were without power for days. The first day after the storm the lines at the gas stations were hours long and the grocery stores were empty.

Situations like this cause you to reflect. The whole time I kept thinking how happy I was that Lincoln and I finally decided to buy food storage through Daily Bread. We actually did have power and were better off than most people, but it made me think that in a disaster if we don't have power I won't be able to grind my food storage wheat and bake bread. Luckily, without power we could have just added water to our daily bread packages and had a decent meal.

Anyway, the point of all this is that it has been three months since my dad died and Daily Bread is closing my dad's "account" with them. However, my sweet Uncle who also works for Daily Bread said that if anyone buys food storage through him in my dad's name, he will give 100% of his commission to my mom.

So, if the storm made you think that maybe it would be a good idea to have some freeze dried food on hand, "just in case" then call or email Taylor Abegg  and tell him that Ali sent you: taylor@dailybread.com, 801-358-1007 

No comments: