Friday, July 26, 2013

Hospital Visitors

The time in the hospital is my favorite with a newborn... except for the whole recovery and being in lots of pain part. But it is a time where time stands still and all you have to focus on is your newborn and yourself. Every meal is delivered to you (and our hospital has pretty great food... you can order as much as you want!) You can hold your baby all day. Sweet friends come and visit. It is so nice. 


 With Eva I remember having a really special moment alone with her in the hospital. It was the moment when I realized that she had made me a mom. With Emerson I also had a really special moment. It was when I realized how close he was to heaven and had felt that my dad sent him off to us.









But the "high" from the hospital always ends with a "low" the first couple of days at home. It is overwhelming to have a new baby and not have a bunch of hands around to help. You are still in pain but now can't just sit in bed all day. That first week is always a little rocky with emotions and everything going on. Thank goodness for good friends who know that and volunteer to help in every way. Having a baby helps you recognize a lot of blessings in your life. 



No comments: