A week after Emerson was born I was so incredibly blessed to have my mom come out. And boy did we keep her busy! I think we made about 10 trips to Home Depot. She is the most amazing interior decorator, fix it woman, and shopping companion I could ask for. We redecorated every single room in my house. We went thrift store shopping, antique shopping, drove out to Lucketts and went to Easter Market. My mom definitely left her mark. I was so sad when she left. I love it when she comes after a baby because she keeps me busy and lets me know that I can still go out in public with kids. (Although I was glad I had a good week to heal before she came out and kept me moving :)
Easter Market. Eva dancing in front of the mirror.
(and I ended up buying that long white tin to put over my headboard)
We wiped out Eva. She just napped in the car most days. (my flexible little princess)
Luckily we did get to do a couple of Touristy things.
We had tickets to see the White House garden.
My mom thought that the While House could have used more flowers. In her words, "The LDS Temple grounds are prettier than this!" So true.
Eva in front of the Rose Garden and Oval Office.
Nice view of the back of the White House
White House vegetable Garden
(we waited in line about 20 minutes to see this)
We also ventured out to see the Cherry Blossoms. It was amazing that my mom came right during the peak of their bloom. We couldn't have planned it more perfectly. Emerson's birth was perfect timing.
And here is just a little example of how Eva has kept herself busy while I attend to the needs of a new baby:





































No comments:
Post a Comment