Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Cruising into my 30th birthday

Lincoln and I met because of Michael Helgesson. And we returned the favor by setting up Tara and Michael. So it was only appropriate that we all cruise together to the Bahama's. 
 Mixing a cruise with good friends was very enjoyable. 
 We stopped in Florida





See ya later Ali-gator! 





 And then spent a couple of days in the Bahamas. 




 Our other friends Matt and Heidi gave us the captain hats as a joke. So we wore them (at least just for a couple of pictures :)


















There were amazing shows on the cruise.




Lincoln and I were chosen to be on the Love and Marriage Panel. It was hilarious.












 And I got to celebrate by 30th birthday in the Bahamas

  






I went on a long walk on the beach thinking about my birthday and my family. I liked to think that the sun sparkling on the water was a little birthday gift from heaven from my dad. It was such a gorgeous day. 








It was amazing... Except for the eye infection I got from the ocean water getting into my contacts... 

And I may have gotten frustrated at this guy once or twice (Seriously, what is it with being so emotionally charged on my birthday?! I'm a mess.) 


Rock climbing did make me feel better.





But that stupid eye infection just kept getting worse and I had to see the doctor on board.  


He gave me medicine and I had to survive the rest of the cruise with just one contact. I was super frustrated because it gave me a headache and I couldn't read (and I was in the middle of a good book and two cruising days where we couldn't get off the boat!) So the days we spent cruising and not at port, my sweet husband read out loud to me. Even though he had just finished reading the exact same book days before. He read it out loud. To me. While I laid out in the sun.


It is my favorite memory from the cruise. Even better then the beautiful scenery, and great company, was my kind , patient husband sitting with me and reading to me because I couldn't. 




He is a good man. And I am pretty lucky. 
















No comments: