Friday, June 27, 2014

Crazy Days of Summer

We love living in the DC area. There is always so many things to do with the kids. On a rainy day in May we went with friends to this random place with friends: 




 Landon and Alyse came to visit. While Eva was in preschool, we took Alyse and Haven to see the changing of the guard at Arlington Cemetery... but going with two toddlers was a little tricky when everyone was supposed to be silent to pay their respect. 


 This kid is solid.

 We got Tori to babysit and were able to go out on a double date while they were here. 
 When you own a house, there is a never ending supply of yard work that needs to be done. After cutting down the cherry tree in our front yard (the cherry pits were ruining our car) Lincoln spent a good part of the Saturday afternoon chopping out the roots. 

 Tori my Lori. Our awesome babysitter. The kids love her. We love her. Sometimes she is more like a  little sister of mine then anything, but that's what is so great about it. 



 Emerson blowing kisses on the screen door towards Jack and Jan our neighbors across the street.

 We took the kids on a tour of the Capitol building. After working there for years, it was fun to finally be one of the tourists that I would be so jealous of sometimes (I mean, I loved my job, but who doesn't want to be on vacation instead of working!) Eva went with her dear friend Ellie and she absolutely LOVED it. In fact for MONTHS afterward whenever she would say family prayers she would talk about her trip to the Capitol with Ellie. 
 We rode the underground train from the Senate side to the Capitol. As you can imagine the kids thought it was awesome. 

 The non-geographical center of DC. This is the point that all the streets are designed around. 


 Moms and strollers. I love these ladies. They have been dear friends. (Nikki Olave, Emily Ensign, and Jade Kirk) This area may be very transitory and many friends come and go, but while they are here their friendship blesses our lives tremendously. 
 Emerson and Brigham 
 Emerson in the old Senate Chamber
 Eva in Congressman Chaffetz' office. My old stomping ground.


 And of course, we go to parks. Lots of parks. Emerson's favorite thing to do at the park is to swing. And it is quite often that he ends up falling asleep. 


 That kid is stinkin cute!
 And sometimes I think he is bigger than he really is. He is Eva's little mini me. He may or may not have fallen out of this swing shortly after this photo was taken. 
 Lots of time outside enjoying the good weather before the heat and humidity set in. 

 All three of us on one swing. 

I love these kids. Being their momma is one of the greatest joys I have ever known. I love playing with them all day. They may not remember all of the details of the outings. And I may only remember the stressfulness of trying to take them out and about everyday, but it is worth every moment. 

No comments: