Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Happened so fast

The Essigs had a guys hiking trip this summer so we all made the trip to Utah. It was great timing as the Abegg's also had their family reunion the day we arrived. I was a little emotional seeing my uncle Taylor. He looks like my dad and really reminded me of him. It was kind of weird to be at a family reunion without my dad there making crazy jokes the whole time. I miss him.

 Its always fun to go to Utah and visit my dear friends from DC who have since moved back to Utah. 

This is sweet Lincoln having a Tea Party at Nonnie's house with Eva. 

Splash Pad with Cousin Penelope
It was so fun to be in Utah during the 4th of July. There is nothing like the good old small town 4th of July celebration. We love DC, but it is fun to come back and see a bunch of high school friends and old neighbors at the festivities. 
4th of July Children's Parade with Reese and McKay


Waiting for the fireworks to start and goofing around. 









4th of July Parade (On a side note, I just found out I was pregnant on this trip, and I was sick for the first time on the 4th of July.... that nausea isn't fun at all)
Catching candy with the umbrella

Emerson was thrilled to catch candy during the parade. He kept wanting to eat each piece he caught before getting another one. 

The goods
After the parade the park had a bunch of different booths. The Essigs had a booth to raise money for the Centerville City History book that Shauna and Grandma Smoot helped write. It was a dunking booth. So I got a chance to dunk my brother Keenan for fun. 


But I missed so I hit the button on my own... 
Hanging out in the booth. 

Shopping with Nonnie

Fireworks at Davis high school on the night of the 4th of July. 
Seriously, this kid is so stinkin cute
On the other hand, these kids...
Cuddles with Nonnie
Cuddles with Great Grandma
Back in DC and back to our regular schedule. 
This is Eva's preschool group. 

Then I helped throw a bridal shower for our sweet friend Laura Harrison

Lots of bike rides with these cuties
Family time at the splash pad
Biking there and back
Our annual trip to Rehobeth Beach. 

This year we almost got rained out though. 



Despite the rain, we still had fun. 
And the sun finally came out
We helped throw a super fun 13th birthday party for Tori (our sweet babysitter) 

They made and designed dresses with tissue papper



Eva was loving it too



And then remember that one time when I had a area wide YW meeting with a member of the YW General Presidency, and after we left I took the wrong way on the freeway and ended up an hour away from home before I realized it! But at least there was a cafe rio close by :)

Nap time makes the second half of the day go by so much easier. (especially when I'm pregnant and super exhausted)
Lovin on that adorable boy!
Last Sunday with Cloe. She is going to BYU. Also, Tori moved to the Shirlington Ward, so no more active YW until December when Lexie turns 12. 
A little high school reunion. Met up with Shannon while she was visiting DC. And Mirinda was here with her family in between assignments with the Foreign Service. 
Lincoln had to to interviews for new Summer associates at his law firm, so we came with and enjoyed a night say in DC at the Embassy Suites. It is such a fun staycation! The kids loved it. And Tori came with us. 
We got pizza. I went to a barre class while Tori went to the pool with the kids. 
Then we walked around Georgetown and stopped by the Mac store and Eva got her first makeover. 
She LOVED it. 
And we stopped off at Georgetown cupcakes and enjoyed a couple of cupcakes despite the long line. 

Lincoln reading Eva's favorite book: Shoe La La 

Emerson Rockin the pink shirt
Date night. Bowling with friends. We got a little creative. Each time we went up to bowl we had to do a different challenge. From twirling, to pushing off with our feet, to pushing on our belly. I have never enjoyed bowling as much as I did that night. 
Eva learning how to ride her bike. 

Laura's wedding!
I was a brides maid. 
She wore her Aunt's dress. It was so beautiful. 



Long weekend little get away to see the house where George Washington grew up. 
(Labor Day Weekend) 






Emerson loved the animals at George Washington's farm. But he loved the pool time more. That kids loves a good thrill. He loved going off the slide. 
Eva and I just sat and watched. And tried to not get bitten by the massive horse flys. 



The following weekend we went with the Single's ward on their retreat. It was so fun! And nice to spend some time in the mountains near Camp David. We enjoyed our very first family hike. 



We party hard. 
Lincoln swinging Emerson in a big bucket

Pirate Day!!! On Sept. 19th if you dress like a Pirate and Krispy Kreme will give you a free box of donuts. So we all dressed up!
And of course went with friends. 


I had a huge sugar headache the rest of the day. That's what I get for eating like 6 donuts at a time. 
Exercising with their Dad. 

I loved this drawing from a lesson in Relief Society... So I look a picture.  I think about it all the time. It is from a conference talk. Even if the house is a mess and the kids are still in their pajamas, if we had scripture study, prayers and FHE, it was a successful day. 
Especially because I'm pregnant and nauseous all day, its good to remember what is most important. And I just love hanging out with these guys all day. Best. Job. Ever. 
(I love Eva's face in this one... too funny)


Eva loves to get into my makeup. And she's actually getting pretty good at it. 

No comments: