March 2nd came around and I decided that since she was already 3 days overdue, it was time to drink caster oil and get things rollin. (plus, how appropriate for the 3rd baby in our family to be born on the 3rd day of the 3rd month :)
So I drank some Caster oil. About 1/4 cup. Then I took a nap. I woke up, drank some more just to be sure then went to the gym. At the gym I walked uphill on the treadmill... and around 8pm is when the contractions started to come. Same with the bathroom trips :)

This is me attempting to take a last belly pic in between contrations
After laboring at home for as long as I could, we left for the hospital around 11pm
It was a quick but painful 6 hour labor. I got the epidural about 15 minutes before I had to start pushing. Those were just smiles for the camera... I was really in a lot of pain.
Luckily I didn't have to push very long before she came!
Fresh from the womb!
After Eliza came, we all got some good sleep. And then we were able to enjoy the next couple days with our sweet baby.

This is Dr. Piness. She was my doctor with all three babies. Although she didn't deliver any of them since I always have my babies in the middle of the night and she was never on call. Dr. Piness is retiring so this was my last pregnancy with her. I'll miss her!
When you have other kids at home, it is kind of nice and relaxing to be able to spend alone time with just my newborn in the hospital. And it is much needed to be able to recover from labor. But, after spending a couple of wonderful and relaxing days in the hospital, it was time to take Eliza home.
These are pictures from my last couple of hours with her before we had to leave.
Newborn perfection. Such a beautiful girl.
It snowed on the day we took her home from the hospital!
Signing the discharge papers
You can see that it was snowing!
Lincoln is the best at swaddling. Always has been.
Super tight.
Because it was flu season, our kids were not allowed in the hospital room. So they finally got to meet Eliza in the lobby as we were leaving the hospital. It was a moment I will never forget. They both immediately fell in love with her.
Tori did too :)
First family picture with all 5 of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment