Monday, December 21, 2009

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


It snowed 2 feet in DC!!
It hasn't snowed this much here in almost a hundred years!
So you can imagine the chaos.
Pilates was cancelled, church was cancelled, school was cancelled, and work was cancelled.
Nothing was open. Not even Harris Teeter.
It took two days to plow the streets just in our little neighborhood.
I didn't go anywhere further than I could walk for two full days.
And you know what, it was really nice.
I enjoyed myself, and got to know my neighbors better.

And this is the DC Essig's car.


Right after this picture was taken I spent almost 3 hours shoveling the snow. Because Lincoln was already in Utah, I had to me the "man" of the house. And let me tell ya, my back is killing me today--the good kind of sore though. I honestly don't think I have ever used those muscles. The last time I remember shoveling snow was when I was 12.

The streets that took forever to get plowed, even now they are not so much plowed but rather packed ice.

At least now it is Christmas-y inside and outside!



















I love this time of year. And I love even more that now it really FEELS like Christmas.

6 comments:

Holly said...

Wow. I wish we would get snow! I love were you live!! Those pics are beautiful! and I wish I could decorate even the slightest like you...you're amazing at it! Hope you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Kristen said...

you decorate soo cutely. I will forever be copying your ideas. just a heads up.

Emily Hamilton said...

Your house looks so cute! Yay for snow! Thanks for a great time at your place. We had a lot of fun!
Merry Christmas!!

Brooke S. said...

Best Snow Pictures Ever! That brought such joy to my heart - thanks for posting them.

Laura Essig said...

how cute all decorated for christmas!!! I am so sad I didn't get to see you. sorry.

Chelsey said...

Cute decorations! It is pure chaos here whenever it snows.