Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dan Rather Reports...



Dan Rather came into our office today to interview the Congressman.
But the Congressman was running late so I had the opportunity to sit down and talk with Mr. Rather to keep him company while we waited.

He was such a nice man!

He asked some questions about the Congressman and what he was working on right now. I let him know about a few major bills we are getting ready to introduce.

We talked about how expensive political campaigns are now-a-days, and how much better off America would be if we could just donate that money towards our national debt, or even give it to charity.

Then he began to ask me about my life. He asked if I have kids, and I said, "No, I have only been married about a year and a half." He replied, "That's plenty of time!" I laughed. (I can now add Dan Rather to our long list of those asking when we will have kids.)

We talked about Utah and my job. After a while he said, "You know, it is going to be you next sitting in the Congressman's spot. You should run for Congress some day. Does Utah have many women in political office?" I laughed at that one too and told him a little about some women who have held political offices in Utah.

I then asked him about his family. He talked about his children and how they love what they do. We both agreed about the importance of loving your job.
Then the Congressman came into the office and they started the interview.

It is days like this (and many others) that I really do love my job and the opportunities it has given me to enhance my life and learn from many wise individuals, such as Mr. Dan Rather.

14 comments:

Lex said...

That is pretty A-mazing!

modestmuse said...

That's awesome! I can totally hear his voice now :D It seems like even an otherwise normal conversation with him would feel like an interview, just being used to his voice in that context! I am SO glad you love your job. And yes, if you become a Congresswoman, you could take trips to Argentina ...

Kaylyn said...

I am so jealous! That is so cool!!

Natster said...

that is awesome! I am so happy that you are doing what you love!
And... you look so "snazzy" too. Cute outfit!

Erin Webster said...

That is an amazing experience! I have always thought he seems like a really nice, down to earth man...

Barb said...

I'm very jealous! What a neat experience!!

Sarah said...

That's freaking awesome!

jocie said...

I'd vote for you.

Aubrey said...

That is awesome!! you have a great job, working with great people. I love hearing about down to earth people..soo cool

MaryAnn said...

Can we trade lives? haha. :)

weston'smommy said...

You have an amazing jon want to switch? LOL!

Jill said...

that is exciting, truly. you have an awesome job.

M said...

I will vote for you!
Awesome that you got to meet Dan Rather!

Marinda said...

I love your blog. It is so fun to see you living your dream life!