
Lincoln and I decided this past summer that we wanted to save up for a nice camera. For more than six months we saved and I waited very patiently. We bought the camera for Christmas through Lincoln's sister since she works at Inkleys and could give us a one time major discount.
The camera (Nikon D90) was delivered to her apartment, and she was planning to get it to us.
But sadly, shortly after it was delivered to her apartment, someone broke into her house, went through all her things and stole not only her camera, but ours as well.
When she called us to tell us the news she was devastated and felt horrible for what happened. We were just happy that she was safe and ok.
It somehow makes it a little easier that we never actually saw the camera before it was stolen. But now, two weeks later I all the sudden got really heart broken about it.
Why do people have to steal things that are not theirs?
The camera (Nikon D90) was delivered to her apartment, and she was planning to get it to us.
But sadly, shortly after it was delivered to her apartment, someone broke into her house, went through all her things and stole not only her camera, but ours as well.
When she called us to tell us the news she was devastated and felt horrible for what happened. We were just happy that she was safe and ok.
It somehow makes it a little easier that we never actually saw the camera before it was stolen. But now, two weeks later I all the sudden got really heart broken about it.
Why do people have to steal things that are not theirs?
14 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your camera. I would be heart broken too. I hope you are able to get another one. you take great pictures! maybe we can do a swap I can take pictures of you and lincoln (which I would actually love to do) and you can take pictures of my family! We have to get together soon.
I'm sorry to hear the camera news, especially after saving patiently for so long. Having stuff stolen makes you feel so violated and unsafe. I'm sure before long you'll be able to get another camera to go forward with your photo skills. We'd be happy to teach you what we've learned so far when that time comes.
Noooo! That is terrible for you guys and for his sister. I am so sorry that happened! How disappointing. And yes, it makes me angry that people steal -- it is VERY BAD here in BA -- I saw a "smash and grab" a couple weeks ago, where a guy on a moped smashed a lady's car window by me and tried to steal her purse. He only got her cell, but still. It happens ALL THE TIME here, I feel paranoid. But that is terrible it happened in Lincoln's sister's own house! You really do have great photo skillz, so I am excited for when you get another new one and can post more pics here.
I am so sorry to hear about your camera! Especially when you worked so hard to save up for it. It really is sad to think that people get so desperate or have no morals, and do things like that to others. I hope something good comes out of it (you never know right?) and we get to see more of your pictures!
That makes me SO mad. I have the hardest time forgiving people who break into peoples personal things and steal things. I am so sorry that happened. We had our car stereo stolen out of car one night a couple years ago....
Oh man...that really does stink! Maybe if she has home insurance she can make a claim and you can get all your stuff back! Good luck! I love to see you and Lincoln having so much fun! Way to live it up!
NO WAY. I was meaning to ask you about your camera. That is terrible! Such injustice! Call your congressman!
Look at you two go! I LOVE YOUR BLOG! So sad to hear about the Nikon. I just barely got one and I would be devastated. I wish I had the funds to just buy you one!
my conclusion: People can just be plain old selfish.
Things like that inspire me to be more aware of others feelings, since it tends to crush mine.
So we're looking into heading to DC maybe in March. I would hate to crowd you and your hubby with our fam of four. Seriously, any tips on a cheap stay?
I'm so sorry!! That's tough, especially with the money. We just had people break into our car and steal our airbag etc. I don't understand why they do this...seriously.
that totally blows, and totally cause for a broken heart
I totally feel for you, Ali. When Lacy posted that on facebook, my heart sunk. We too have been saving for a Nikon forever (still don't have one yet) and I can't imagine what it feels like to finally purchase one and then never receive it. I pray that the thief will have a guilty conscience and return it even if it IS anonymously. So sorry.
I can tell (from your fabulous posts) that you love good photos...so i can only imagine saving up for the camera and then losing it this way!! (why do people steal?? ugh) I hope you, and Lacey, find an even better deal and can get another soon. Good luck :)
And your holiday adventures have looked awesome!!! new years in Time Square...right oN! You guys seem so happy :)
My first SLR was stolen too! I cried for weeks. So sorry. I hope you are able to get a replacement soon!
So sorry to hear about your camera! (I'm catching up on blog posts) Did you get a replacement yet? Should have been covered by home owners/renters insurance as someone mentioned. I can understand the heartbreak...I had my brand new car stolen (here in DC actually), the first new car I had ever bought. It was 12 years ago now...but I still get frustrated and sad about it sometimes.
Post a Comment