Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Camera, Melissa's Skills

So even though I didn't take these pictures, I can still post them because they were taken with my camera right?

DSC_0890
DSC_0919
DSC_0889
DSC_0911
DSC_0925
DSC_0880

For one of our Relief Society Activities in our church, we took an LDS church history tour of the US Capitol building. It was interesting to hear the history of our Church Prophets and their interactions with past US Presidents and members of Congress. It was actually really neat to find out where Joseph Smith and other Apostles stood in the US Capitol Building when they went to "lobby" Congress on behalf of members of the church and the persecution they were facing at the time.

We had two tour guides, one for the Capitol history
DSC_0891

And the other for the church history
DSC_0905


It is reasons like these that I love living in DC.

And thank you Melissa Smith who snapped these amazing pictures because I was too lazy :) She is way more talented than I am anyway.

2 comments:

Andi said...

What a neat idea for a Relief Society activity. I would have loved to have done that while we lived there. Those pictures are beautiful. Melissa really is amazing, isn't she? She's taken pictures for us, and we love them.

Erin said...

Cool! Those people that have a good eye for camera angles drive me crazy with jealousy. How hard dould it be? Point. Click. I can't do it. Hope we can get-together tomorrow!