Friday, July 29, 2011

Rachel in DC

My sweet friend Rachel came out to DC and spent 4 days with me. We have been friends since Jr. High. She grew up right across the street from the Essig family. I often think about the countless sleepovers and times I was at her house taking about boys and I had no idea that my future husband was actually just right across the street.
Rachel has been such a good friend to me over the years. She wrote me my entire mission. She was patient with me through my breakups and heartaches. And she was just as thrilled as I was when I started dating Lincoln. She later moved to NY and Lincoln and I visited her many times. She is now back in Utah and she is like family not only to the Essigs, but also the the Abeggs. Needless to say, I was so happy when she said she booked a flight out to see me. She brought her 4 month old, and we enjoyed having mommy and baby time together. Our schedule was super easy going--we slept in, exercised, and went sight seeing. I loved it and totally missed her when she left.


SAM_0288


SAM_0264


SAM_0269



1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love it! except that Luca was not quite 3 months old... just fat... you should see him now! He's almost 4 months old and is HUGE! oh wait, you come in tomorrow! so you WILL see him!