Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Eeeeeeeva

DSC_0048

EVA= pronounced "EEEVah"

My entire life I have corrected people on how to pronounce my name correctly. So in choosing a name for our child, it was important that it be simple and easy to pronounce. So we were a little surprised that people have really struggled with Eva's name. They call her Ava more than Eva. (Although, I guess no matter how hard you try people will always find some way to call you by the wrong name)

So, unless you speak spanish, please know that it is pronounced Eva, not Ava.

DSC_0053

DSC_0068

10 comments:

Erin said...

We have the same problem with Delia and Hyrum... oops. She's so,so sweet!

Unknown said...

I love the blanket! We have a similar problem with Quentin. I figured it would be an easy enough name with Q Tarantino and Q L. Cook and we spelled it the traditional way. Pretty much everyone spells and pronounces it Quinton. I didn't mean to give him such a tricky name, honest.

Karissa Kay said...

not gonna lie, i thought it was pronounced Ava. But that's because we have some friends with an Eva and they pronounce it Ava. Very confusing for me. But she is adorable and so is that cute quilt!

M said...

Oh Eeeeva is darling. And don't worry, I got called Meeegan all of the time. It happened so often that it stuck with my college friends and they all still call me Meeeg.

Emily Hamilton said...

She is growing up so fast. I just love her. What a doll. We really need to come meet her. Let me know if you are free. Sweet little Eva! :)

Joann said...

So it is Eeeeeva just like on the movie Walli! I love it and the blanket did you make it?

The Carpenters said...

What a beautiful quilt! We just named our little girl Cate, pronounced just like Kate, but the "C" seems to be throwing people off and they don't know how to pronounce it. Oh well :) I love the name Eva! Congratulations!

modestmuse said...

What a beauty! Ok but I'm confused -- I thought you guys said you deliberately were naming her after Eva "Evita" PerĂ³n? Either way, she is adorable, I love her!

Kristie said...

Eva is darling. It is astonishing how people can manage to mess up names. My good friend named her daughter Beatrix, and people keep calling her Bellatrix and ask if she named her after the witch in harry potter. I digress- I love Eva's name and it was clear how to pronounce it. She is beautiful!

Rinda Louise Abegg Black said...

She is so beautiful. So glad you shared this with us. Your blog is very cool and I love seeing DC through your eyes.