The day I found out about the tragic accident I had a really hard time. I broke down that morning. Life just felt overwhelming and all I wanted to do was hold my baby instead of dropping her off at the sitter's house. I miss her a lot during the day at work.
But my other co-worker taught me a good lesson. She reminded me that it is good to miss your baby. It is good to miss loved ones when we are away. It just reminds you how much you love them.
While there are many benefits of going back to work, I was actually surprised at how hard it would be. I miss my baby a lot. It is getting easier with time, but it is amazing how much that little ball of joy changes your life and your priorities.
4 comments:
Ali, you are such a sweetie. Miss you!
It's like having your heart on the outside of your body, isn't it?
Sherri was married to my father-in-law's cousin. What a great lady who left us way too soon.
I feel for you Ali. I had 3 months maternity leave and then went back to work from Jan-May while Brad finished school. For me, it was the hardest thing I've ever done. I am such a mama bear and I had the hardest time leaving Jane every morning. Every person/situation is different but my only saving grace was knowing that I could be done after May. Those little ones are just too precious! but every reunion is sweet. :) Good luck and I hope it gets easier for you with time.
I'm so sorry Ali. I know you are an amazing mama!
Post a Comment