I have been back at work for over a month now. Being a mother who is nursing and working has its own set of challenges. But nothing could quite prepare me for my work trip to Utah. We had a "rural day" where we drove 6+ hours to visit some of the major industries in the district. We went to a dairy farm, pig farm and a power plant. It was incredibly informative, but it sure did create some awkward situations. I had to pump every three hours... Yet, the trip was packed full of meetings and long hours in the car. I had no other choice but to pump where I could... So, I pumped at the dairy farm in the bathroom (totally ironic), three times in the back of the van with all of my co-workers (SUPER awkward--but I did wear a hooter hider), once in the Richfield County building bathroom, and once on the drive home--while I was driving.
I did manage to take some pictures during the long drive (when I wasn't pumping :). But I don't need the pictures to remember that trip. Definitely an unforgettable experience..
















7 comments:
Oh my gosh, Ali, that is hilarious! Way to serve your baby even while you're working hard for our country! On a side note, I was at a concert last week thinking how it would have been even more fun with you there! I miss playing with you! Let me know next time you're in Utah!
You completley rock. I'm so proud of you for still nursing even while you're working. Did your mom watch the baby while you were at work or was Lincoln able to come along?
This story had me laughing out loud! You are such a champ, way to stick with it!
Wow that would be hard - you're a trooper! When I saw your pictures the first thing I said was, "LOOK! There's Troy!" haha
Talk about multi-tasking. I can't believe you were able to pump and drive. That is hilarious!
Ali...you are AWESOME! Pumping while driving. Ha. You should have took a pic! jk:)
Such a great sacrifice Ali!!!
Post a Comment