Monday, February 25, 2008

Ode to the Closet

After 6 weeks of sleeping in random beds and couches and yes, a closet, it is time to say goodbye. This week since i am getting married, I will now officially be living in the new apartment. I think i am just as excited to sleep in my own bed now as i am to get married!! ha ha ha.
Because it was so hard to find a place to live for such a short period of time, while i waited to marry my sweetheart, I couldn't be more greatful for the girls that shared their couch, beds and closet with me. These cute girls were so sweet they didn't even charge me rent! So generous! (especially when considering how expensive it is to live in DC.) I hope to find a way to repay them!
Good Bye my Harry Potter Closet!

12 comments:

Ambi Mo said...

Wow, you look comfy - all balled up in the fetal position, laying on a stack of blankets. Haha. You are too adorable and so grateful for your 5 sq feet. That's why we love you!

Melanie said...

I think I selt in a closet when I was really young up at East Canyon.:0) At least you will have fun stories to tell your kids :0)

jessaveda said...

you're getting married this week!!! though i have a regular human-sized bed, I understand the excitement you're facing.

Matt & Ali said...

You really slept there? Thats funny! Im so excited for you to be able to live with your hubby soon!

Heidi said...

oh my gosh, i totally know how you feel! I lived everywhere but anywhere before I got married... it wasn't fun, but let me tell you.... you are ready to enjoy the best treat ever... sleeping by your sweetie every single night! its so worth the wait. I can't wait to see you on Sat! Best of luck, and remember what I told you... just soak it all in...

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh my goodness -- crazy girl!! I ended up renting my own 3-bedroom apartment for $250 in Provo while we waited because they let me create the perfect timing on the lease to time it with the wedding. Shows you how cheap things are in Provo. Too bad the timing and place was wrong!!

Kristy said...

Heehee, I like that. You are great. And you're getting MARRIED in, like, two days. YES!!

Sarah said...

Hi Ali - you have no idea who I am - my name is Sarah and I went to high school with Lincoln. I was looking at Stephenie Parke's blog and I saw a link to Essigs ... anyways, that's how I found yours. I didn't know Lincoln was getting married so congrats to the both of you!!!

Stephanie said...

Sleeping in a closet for a man = true love. Way to stick it out. You are such a trooper. :-)

Jessica said...

Ali! This is Jessica Tilley from high school. I saw your blog from Ali (soon to be "Ali Howard"'s blog) Anyway...I had no idea you lived here in Virginia! My husband is in his second year of law school at Georgetown. We live in Arlington and are in the Arlington Ward. Send me an email jessicaleahcooley@gmail.com or check out my blog...www.geographyandthemodernwoman.blogspot.com We need to get together for dinner sometime!

Congratulations on being married! You will be so happy! I know I am!

Kaylyn said...

I had a great chat with Jenny & Jeanette about the closet, I think it will miss you :). I hope the wedding went well! Call us when you get back into town and want to get together for dinner, we want to hear all about the wedding!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

congrats you dress was beautiful!