Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Finally

So while Ali was busily studying for finals I got to go back to the DMV and get our license plates. Like we said in the earlier blog we went to the DMV hoping to get 2 driver's licenses, a Virginia car title and register the car. We walked away with ONE license. They wouldn't give Ali a license because she hadn't changed her name with the Social Security people. The car title and registration were rejected because the Utah title was less than a year old (we changed it to put Ali's name on the title when we got married). The only thing they said they would accept was the Bill of Sale from when I bought the car in 2006!

I had to call the dealer where I bought the car from and they said they could fax over the Bill of Sale. They sent one fax the day after we had been at the DMV. Because of finals I didn't have time to go back for nearly 3 weeks. I knew that when I went back there was a good chance that any fax that had been received earlier would have been thrown away. I called the dealer again and he sent the fax again. The fax arrived just in time. I actually had to buy some time by having the teller check the old faxes for a second time. While she was checking the old faxes the new one came in. . . . .and I got the title and the registration!!

You can see how happy I am.


I took the title home to show Ali, and she was happy too. She's hiding from the camera because she had been studying all morning.

No comments: