Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gettysburg

On our way to Amish Country Pennsylvania to go on a bike ride with some friends, Lincoln and I decided to stop by Gettysburg. Since the bikes were with us, we started off by biking through the old battlefield to see the thousands of monuments around the area. However, since it was getting dark, we decided to drive the second half, in order to see it all before we had to leave. There is a lot of history here, and we were fascinated by it all. 












The Gettysburg Address was given in this cemetery, where thousands of known and unknown bodies were buried.


{Lincoln reading Lincoln's famous, and brilliant words}


























7 comments:

w and w said...

How great. Way to eat up the east. We hope to do the same while we're here.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Those pics are beautiful, the 425 unknown bodies makes me sad though.

Rachel said...

Great pictures. We've been meaning to take a trip there... You'll have to bring us along on one of your adventures.

Emily Hamilton said...

You are an amazing photographer...you should start a business...seriously. Gettysburg is a sobering place.

Rachel said...

I'm not sure if I respond to a comment by putting it on my blog or yours..

Amelie IS getting so big. She is quite a handd-full sometimes but so much fun too! When are you coming to visit?

Heidi said...

Wow, I just can't believe all you have seen and done. What great memories you are making! I am jealous. I have been wanting to do touring of new england ever since I spent the fall there on study in Nauvoo. One day we will. I think I have been to a couple of the Lincoln spots. You guys are really living it up, and I love it.

Kaylyn said...

Awesome pictures! You are so talented!!