This Fourth of July, because Lincoln is studying for the bar, we decided to stay in DC. DC is one of the best places to be for the Fourth and we had the pleasure to host 7 friends who came from out of town to stay with us and celebrate.
Tour and Concert at the Capitol
I gave our guests a personal a tour of the Capitol Building.
(Erin, Brian, Ivy, Hyrum, Matt, Brian, Chelsey and I standing by Utah's statue: Brigham Young)
Then we went to a concert on the Capitol Steps
Some of the many that performed were: Barry Manilow, The Queen of soul Aretha Franklin, international pop sensation Natasha Bedingfield, and the Tony and Grammy Award-winning cast of Jersey Boys
But the kids liked Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Elmo best...
The Parade
DC has one of the best parades in the Nation. People were everywhere along the National Mall. It was fantastic.
(Lincoln is going to be such a great dad!)
The Fireworks
We think that the best place to watch the fireworks is at the Jefferson Memorial. You not only get a reflection of the fireworks on the water, but you hear an echo of the bursting fireworks from the memorial. Plus, we could walk there from our apartment without worrying about catching the busy metro.
On our walk to the Jefferson, you could see all the boats out on the water waiting for the fireworks to start.
There were a lot of people, but it wasn't too packed.
And the firework show was lovely.
3 comments:
I'm glad you guys had a great 4th! Hope you're having fun with all the Essig's there now. (:
I finally posted my version of our trip too! You guys are awesome to host us. I wish we could have stayed for the fireworks, it looks like we missed a great show!
hey I used to help set up that parade every year!!! But it got hard to travel there after my daughter was born. It truly is the best.
Post a Comment