Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Utah Essigs Come to DC!

The second half (the younger 6 siblings) of the Essig family drove in an RV all the way from Utah to DC last weekend. We were so happy to have the family in our part of the country!  It was great to show them some of the sites DC has to offer.


Papa Essig was a little tired from the cross-country driving. We caught him in the museums napping...

Lincoln's youngest brother Lorince

Abraham Lincoln's Hat

Changing of the guard in Arlington Cemetary



We were so pleased to be able to have all 8 of the Utah Essigs stay in our two bedroom apartment.  2 boys slept in the kitchen, the 3 girls in the front room, and 3 more slept in our second bedroom! And we still had plenty of room to spare.... ha ha. So fun!


Lincoln and I really were so delighted to have family come and visit us. Lincoln even took half a day off from studying to spend some time together. It was also nice to be able to spend Sunday dinner with the family (and even two more friends). Please come back soon guys!

5 comments:

Erin said...

You guys are so amazing! I think I might go a little crazy if I had so many guests. The pictures of the bodies packed everywhere are hilarious!

Marinda said...

Dude, you rock for having 10 people in your house. I bet it was so much fun. Yea for visitors! And brave of them for coming to DC in July! Glad they got a realistic idea of humidity.

Haley said...

That sounds like a blast! Oh man, roadtripping across the US! and then to end up in DC with an awesome brother & sister-in-law...the Essigs are lucky :) It looks like you guys were a perfect host & hostess :)

Chelsey said...

That's so crazy! It's so fun to have guests, but that is just SO many to stay in one house. Looks like fun, though!

Rachel said...

Will this blasted studying EVER end??? I'm ready to have the father of my children back! I'm sure you feel that same... er...without the children part :)

Glad you could have some family time regardless of the upcoming BAR!!!