Trent and Mandy Bowen planned yet another incredible weekend trip. You may remember the Bowen's from our Groundhogs Day extravaganza two years ago. This time they invited a group of us to visit the quaint little town called Berkley Springs:
We rented a beautiful little cabin close to the city.
Berkley Springs is famous for its natural spring water,
which they use for the Roman Style Baths they offer.
We soaked up in the naturaly hot spring water.
Then we went antiquing and ate icecream.
This town was very eclectic.
This is where we ate lunch:
And they still had their Christmas Tree up over MLK day weekend.
I never did find out if this was a Revolutionary War or Civil War reenactment...
But we enjoyed it.
I wish in the winter that I could work on Mondays, by chance!
It was seriously such a great weekend away!
Berkley Springs is only 2 hours from DC. It was the perfect road trip.
We loved spending time with each other and good friends over MLK weekend.
Now what should we do over President's Day weekend?
1 comment:
Because I spent my summers in high school doing Civil War reenactments... (geek!) that dress that woman is wearing is definitely a Civil War-era dress. At least from the back. Revolutionary-era dresses during the colonial ere were not as full - think Jane Austinish.
hehe, looks like a great town!
Post a Comment