Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What do the DC Essigs do on a Snow Day?

Re-tile our kitchen floor of course!

After watching 4 movies during my snow day, I decided that maybe we should be a little more productive. I bought the tile to re-do our kitchen floor months ago and was just waiting for a rainy day to do it. Well, the rainy day I was waiting for ended up being a snow day and my sweet husband agreed that we should finally tackle this project.

The old tiles were in pretty bad shape. They were falling apart and very worn:

BEFORE

So we pulled up the old tile, just to find uglier tile underneath.

DURING

Then we put the new stuff down.

And four hours later, this is what we had to show for our hard work:

AFTER

We LOVE it!!! It makes the kitchen so much brighter!

People have asked if our landlord knows that we did this, and we say we kind of have a don't ask, don't tell position with our landlord. We get such cheap rent, that we don't mind spending a couple of bucks to fix the place up and make it more enjoyable to live there. And hey, we will end up leaving the place better than we found it, so I don't think our landlord will complain.

4 comments:

Artsy Aut said...

You guys are so handy! I love the new look.

Kaylyn said...

It looks awesome! I love it! If you get bored you can trek over here :)

Karissa Kay said...

I love it! It looks so good!

Chelsey said...

Good job! It looks great! Way to be productive on a snow day; I'm not sure I can say that we would have been!