Lincoln and I went to Harpers Ferry to celebrate our anniversary. We had such a lovely time. We both fell in love with this quaint little city. It was so nice to get away from DC and spend some quality time together. (which is harder to come by these days) We loved learning about the history of Harpers Ferry, and experiencing it all in the snow!
We stayed at the Holiday Inn. Slept in. Worked out. Then got ready and went to see Harpers Ferry for a couple of hours while taking some pictures along the way. It was pretty close to a perfect day in my book. I loved it.
And all this beauty is only two hours away from where we live.
I love the east coast.
I love celebrating anniversaries.



























9 comments:
Ooh, such lovely pictures! I want to live there!
Oh you guys HAVE to go in the summer and get ice-cream at that little ice cream shop. Tyson and I went with some friends a few years back and went tubing down the river. It was so fun!
you are getting so good at photography! I'm jealous! Can't wait til you come to utah!
I think they only do it in the summer/fall, but you should check out the Harper's Ferry Ghost Tour. It is amazing.
You can also tube or raft down the Shenandoah.
Harper's Ferry is one of my favorites!! Only 45 min from our house out there.
Fun! I don't know what it is about Harpers Ferry, but I always like visiting. Weird because there's nothing really to DO there, but it's so quaint. Next time go in the summer (for the ice cream!) and hike up to Jefferson Rock for the view and the history! You would love it!!
What beautiful pictures. You're a great photographer.
How fun! What a cute little town! Ali you are quite the photographer.
This looks DEAR! Are you keeping a good list of all the awesome places to go so that you can pass it along? Well, you should.
Also, we went to Egypt in 2008 and I planned a giant trip this year (that didn't happen) so I have OODLES of information. What kind of info do you need? Where to stay? What to do? Where to go? What are your plans? I'm excited just thinking about it!
If we weren't leaving town later that week, we'd come down and meet you! (What's a 15 hour bus ride among friends?) But maybe if you make it as far north as Taba...let us know what your plans are.
...and if you make it to Israel...well, I'm just saying...it 'd be fun to see you.
For our anniversary, I had a stroke and spent the week in the hospital. This looks better... :)
Post a Comment