
Tony Horten, the P90X guy came to the Hill last week to work out the Congressman. (You would be suprised at how many Congressman wake up early every morning and get together to do P90X in the House gym) Because they are such huge fans, Tony comes pretty regularly to DC to work out with them in person. Last week was the first time that they opened it up to staff members as well. I was so excited for the chance to see Tony Horten in person! Last year Lincoln and I finished the entire 90 day program.
Afterwards he also talked to us about the importance of working out to FEEL GOOD, and not just to lose weight. He said that it should be part of your healthy lifestyle. You should exercise 6 days a week to feel good and have more energy everyday!
If you think about it--70% of premature deaths are caused by lifestyle choices, so why not increase your chances of living a longer better life by exercising and eating right!
He said the trick to eating right is not to overeat and to try not to eat too many foods with more than one ingredient in them. (Apples, Carrots, Asparagus, eggs--- all only have one ingredient)
And the trick to exercising right is to be consistent, add variety to your routine by constantly mixing it up, and to keep it intense. (consistency, variety, intensity)
My favorite quote was--Don't lose weight just to fit into that dress or lose 10 pounds before an upcoming event---because in reality no body else cares but you!! Plus, that kind of motivation doesn't last. Make sure that your desire is to live a happy healthy life!
4 comments:
Totally jealous! But that is awesome you got to meet him. I love what he says about the eating things with one ingredient in them - never thought of it that way, but it's so true! I'm going to re-start the P90X again after I have the baby and get a little back into shape again. Fun stuff!
Oh and Ali - you should seriously make a pilates DVD, I would totally buy it and miss doing pilates with the girls!! And next time I get preggo, you can make a pregnant pilates DVD. I'm sure it would be much better than some I've come across ;)
JEALOUS!! I love the P90X DVD's they are the best workout!
I can't believe you met Tony...and worked out with him! Awesome!
Tim just got P90X. We are super excited about trying it! Especially right before summer to get into shape!
Post a Comment