Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it...

The National Arboretum (How exactly do you pronounce "Arboretum" correctly?)



The US National Arboretum is a US Department of Agriculture research and education facility and a living museum. It was a great place to visit on my birthday. We were glad we brought the bikes, because there is a lot to see.








Lincoln absolutely loved the Bonsai Trees, he could seriously spend hours looking at them. I literally had to drag him away and he kept saying, "I want to come back again another day when we have more time." Boys and their mini trees... what is it about them that is so fascinating?






2 comments:

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

K so funny, I never know how exactly to pronounce it either. It was just in a book I read and every time I would read it even though it was just in my head I was like trying to mumble over it since I dont know. Its like when I try and say whorscheshire. I just try to avoid it. :)

modestmuse said...

Aww, one of my favorite places on earth! Beautiful photos, as always. I love the bonsais, too. And the (chocolate, orange, mint, etc.) scented geraniums! I find myself daydreaming about that place sometimes. Also one of my favorite childhood memories: walking there with my family when the azaleas were in bloom.