
You may have heard of Christmas in July, but have you ever heard of April Fools in December? As you may know, the DC Essigs love to play April Fools Jokes. And the majority of our April Jokes have been displayed on our blog. Back in 2009 we joked that we were pregnant.

And the year before that in 2008 we also joked that we were with child
So now that we are really pregnant, when we tell people, what do they tell us??? Nope, not a "congrats," or "we are so excited for you." It is most often an...
"APRIL FOOLS!!!"
But it is December... Not April.
So this time it is the TRUTH.
We promise. Scouts honor.
And Ali is 16 weeks along.
(photo taken on Friday. I know I am not really showing, but I have some big hips so the baby has plenty of room in there, I promise!)

May Baby Essig will be due May 25, 2011.
We can't wait!
And we are pretty sure that this guy is the father:

Like a hundred percent sure.
47 comments:
WOO HOO!! Congrats, congrats! That's a lucky little one!
This calls for a party - your place or ours? :)
Aw congrats! That's very exciting; hope you are feeling great!
Yeah!!! You are gonna have the cutest baby bump EVER! I need to bring all my maternity clothes next time we come up! SOOO EXCITING!!!
SO HAPPY FOR YOU 2!!!! (soon to be 3:) Are you going to find out what it is, or do a surprise? :) Hope the pregancy is going well!
Congratulations Ali! You will be one terrific mama!
So funny that people don't believe you! Congratulations!
Ali Ali Ali Ali ALI!!! So thrilled for you! And you had BETTER not be kidding this time! ;)
Awesome news! You guys will be great parents!
I believe you and I'm so happy for you. :)
Congrats to both of you, that is exciting and wonderful news! And Ali, if that is really a picture of you at 16 weeks I am immensely jealous. I don't think I've EVER looked that fit, let alone when I was 16 weeks pregnant!
I was just waiting for you to confirm the rumors!! Congrats and we are so happy for you two. A May baby sounds perfect!
Congrats Ali!! Hope you are feeling great, you look amazing.
Congrats you guys!
Congrats!!!
Yay! So excited for you two! You look awesome.. But, what else would I expect?! :)
Ya, uh huh. Sure. ;) I'm so happy for you! I hope you're feeling as great as you look.
Congratulations for REAL! So exciting!
Ali! Congratulations!! I've been spying on your blog for a while now and I heard about the pregnancy from Sister Essig's blog, but I have been waiting to hear it for real from you. Congratulations!!! I hope you feel well and get to enjoy Christmas--you look incredible:) Your baby will probably come out doing exercises because you work out so often! Merry Christmas!
Love,
Shannon
My goodness gracious that's such wonderful news! Congratulations indeed. Also, on a side, you're due exactly one month after we are.
I'm gonna feel really stupid if this is a joke and I congratulate you for the 2nd time.
But seriously, I'm SO happy for you guys!!!! Congrats!!
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys!
Best. Post. Ever. I laughed soo hard. Congrats you two!!
Specne told me yesterday and I flipped out. We are so excited for you guys. You will be the best parents ever- you'll leave us in the dust for sure :) Hooray!
Yea! Yea! Wonderful. I'm glad it is for real this time, because I totally fell for it last time! Oh your the best, can't wait for you. I really hope you're feeling well!
Congrats Ali! Pregnancy has been such a wonderful experience for me so far, so I'm wishing the same for you. Enjoy this time!
Congratulations! You look INCREDIBLE!! So I hope you're not pulling our leg again ;) But really, congrats to you AND Lincoln, and I hope everything is going smoothly -- can't wait to see you SOON (I'll be there next week!)!
Congratulations Ali! How exciting!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! SOOOOOOO stinkin' happy for you! Buckle up, it's the ride of your life, but the BEST ONE EVER! What a lucky child, to have both of you! Oh, and I'm so glad you're 100% on the father. That's always a REALLY good thing to know!
Ali, I saw your link to your blog from my google chat. (this is Kristie Gardiner from church) Your blog is fantastic.
Congratulations on the pregnancy! I hope you're feeling great. Let me know if you need anything- Jonny and I are thrilled for you. :)
Congrats you two that is so exciting!
Wahoo!! Congrats!!
Yay! Congrats! He or she is going to be one CUTE baby!
OH Congrats!! I'm so excited for you guys!
--Charity
Ali- Congratulations!I peek in at your blog every now and then to see what you're up to and I am was so excited to see this post. I wish you a healthy and easy pregnancy!
Stephanie Stone
Congrats! I am so excited for you. I hope that all is well.
Congratulations! You guys will be such fun parents.
hi ali, im coming out of blog stalker hiding to say congratulations!! this is the best news!!
(now that my cover is blown, come visit us at chrisandmaeve.blogspot)
Congrats! I will no longer share my diet coke with you (not good for baby) but will happily supplement that with lots of cookies. You're eating for two now!
That is hysterical!! It is totally the boy who cried wolf:) Congrats you guys! Babies are the best! I say that because I have a toddler now and I miss my baby:( Ok, so toddlers are fun too. Congrats and keep us all posted on what you're having.
don't believe it
Congrats on the baby news! Hope you haven't been too sick. Enjoy the second trimester while it lasts; the third has been my least favorite by far.
Ali!!! I knew I needed to check your blog when I saw your comment on mine! haha:) I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations!!
Congrates to the both of you. That little bundle of joy will change your life forever. It's the best. I hope you are feeling well Ali, I know those first few weeks/months can be tough.
soo excited for you guys. good to see you last night.
Congratulations!! I have been waiting to hear this news from you guys! How very exciting. Our baby is due in May also, so we can go through the no sleep phase together! Congrats again!
Congrats! We're so excited for you two!
Ok, this is a way belated congrats, but CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you guys? Have you been sick at all? I hope everything's gone smoothly for you! Our baby boy is due just 5 days before your little girl, so fun! We'll have to see how close together they actually end up being born. May is a great month to have a baby--it's not too hot yet to be uncomfortable weather-wise during the last few months of pregnancy, and cold/RSV season is over by the time our little ones arrive. Going through winter with a newborn can be scary with the viruses, so yea for us! We are great planners :)
Post a Comment