Monday, January 3, 2011

Veteran's Day (Yes, I am playing catch up)

Since most people have to work on holidays like Veteran's Day (including Lincoln), my friend Stephanie decided to organize all of us who didn't have to work (yes I love working for the government) and hike Old Rag in the Shenandoah mountains.  It was a good 5 hour hike. Had I known beforehand how dangerous the hike actually is (you are scrambling boulders half the time), at three months pregnant I probably would have thought twice about hiking it. (It is amazing how much you worry about the little fetus inside of you, and not wanting to do anything to hurt it--like falling.) But in the end I am glad I did it, everything was fine, and luckily I didn't get too nauseous.
We had a great time. I loved catching up on everyone's dating life. And the scenery was simply lovely. 
DSC_0245_2
DSC_0294
DSC_0292_2 DSC_0288_2
DSC_0284_2
DSC_0280_2
DSC_0279_2
DSC_0274_2
DSC_0275
DSC_0272_2 DSC_0249_2
DSC_0261_2
DSC_0255
DSC_0265_2
DSC_0282_2

DSC_0283
DSC_0248_2
DSC_0290_2
If you are in the area, (and don't have little kids) you should definitely add hiking Old Rag on the list of things to do.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hiked Old Rag probably 5 years ago and everyone kept saying how easy it was, no big deal. They're crazy. It was really hard, once was enough for me.

Good job! Hope you didn't/don't feel too sick. That's the worst, plus no one knows why.

Marinda said...

Simply beautiful! I've heard of old Rag, but never hiked it!

Amy Watts said...

Are you sure you are pregnant because you look SO SKINNY! I can't wait to see the stereotypical pregnancy pics. We miss you guys!

Chelsey said...

Your pics are GORGEOUS! We hiked Old Rag once...so FUN! We loved the hike. One of the better ones on the East Coast...and that means a lot since the East Coast is lacking on mountains. LOL.