I remember when I was dating. I was at a boyfriends house late at night. We were probably getting a little too comfortable, and right then my mom would call my cell. It was the perfect time because even though I didn't want to, I needed to get home and go to bed. (remember the spirit goes to bed after midnight!! ha ha)
Then today, I was having a really hard day. My new husband was doing his best to console me. But the sadness just would not leave. Then, my mom called me. It was the perfect time. She said the perfect things from a woman's perspective to help me understand what I was going through.
(How is it that moms have a sixth sense and seem to always call at the perfect times?)
I seriously don't know what I would do without my mom.
She is amazing. Although I didn't always feel thing way. When I was in grade school I used to get so mad and write her notes that said how much I hated her. I would always leave these notes in prime places to make sure she would read them.
Then in 6th grade I broke both my arms and for six weeks I could not eat or go to the bathroom without her help. Through this experience I developed a profound gratitude for my mother that just grows stronger every year.
My mother has an amazing talent of making our house a home. For every holiday she would completely decorate the house. From easter eggs to Fourth of July American Flags, to pumpkins and Christmas trees, she made each holiday special and exciting for our family. It is these memories that make it difficult to be so far away on days like today. (Easter Sunday)
---- to get a glimpse of my mothers amazing talent go to her blog: www.joysofhome.blogspot.com (or click on the MOM link on the right...)---------
My mother is also very creative. Anytime I would have to do a project in school I would go straight to her. In fact, one time I had to write a poem for a homework assignment. I couldn't think of anything to write about, but then my mom stayed up late with me and helped me write a poem about socks. My teacher liked the poem so much that she sent it into an agency. The poem ended up getting published, and they even sent me a copy of the book! Go mom!
But most importantly, my mom is one of my best friends. (I have two now. My husband, and my mom) She knows me so well, often more than I know myself. She knows what I need to do to be happy. She is also one of the first people to tell me what I need to do to improve myself. (which is really good for me sometimes) She has sacrificed so much for me. From homework assignments, to staying up late to council me on my dating problems, she has always been there for me. She even sacrificed hours to decorate for my wedding reception. She made my wedding day so perfect, she knew exactly my taste and style. And even now, she councils me on how I can make my new home look better, as I post the pictures on the internet, and she calls to tell me that I need to hang my pictures lower and put my vases closer together along with many other designer tips. (It is so great to have my very own interior designer, free of charge!)
Mom, today I am greatful for you. Thank you for who you are and everything you have done for me. I love you!
PS this is a picture I took of a picture. That is why it looks so funny, but you can still see my fantastic mom!
6 comments:
Ali!!!! This is Melanie Walton. I just found your blog through my sister Carly's blog. I didn't know that you two knew each other. I LoVe the wedding pictures and it looks like you had a great time on your honeymoon. I was so sad that I couldn't make it to your reception. Grace (my baby) wasn't feeling great that night. I'm soooo excited I found your blog. Now we can keep in touch! Love you!
mom's are the best!!
Hey my Al!
I am so happy that you're feeling better!! I expect to be seeing some pictures of your outdoor oasis soon. I love you with all my heart!!!!!!!!
How sweet, don't you just love that they know what to say when your having those down days.
Soon, I will be far away from my mom too. Or should I say she will be far away from me. Good thing there are cell phones!!! :0)
Oh my! I think I had a temporary bout of amnesia and forgot my manners! Thank you my wonderful daughter for devoting an entire blog just to me!!!
What a pay day!! I love you a million and a million!
I loved your post about moms... I feel the same way... it's an amazing kind of love they have huh. That was so sweet!
Post a Comment