Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Roosevelt Island

As I mentioned earlier, I had a little bit of a rough weekend last week. After being in the house all week (because of Spring Break) if was decided between Lincoln and I that we needed to get out. So we went on a short bike ride to Roosevelt Island (this was the first time seeing Roosevelt Island for me.) I love that we live so close to DC are we are just a short biking distance to so many of the monuments! Here are some pics.

This is a pic of the bridge you walk on to get to the island.
This is the city called Roslyn.


This is the monument of Roosevelt.
This is Lincoln looking SOOO GOOD!
This is my crazy husband. I love him.
And he loves me!
These are the model pics:

Heeeey!

These pics are symbolic of the sad/ rough weekend we had.... ha ha

Yes I am pouting.

But after the bike ride we both felt rejuvenated. It was a fantastic Saturday!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the modeling pictures! you two look like models for real! Looks like fun! I would really love to get a bike sometime soon!!! to answer your question... yes, you can print your blog. Go to blurb.com i just got started on mine! It's going to take a little while to edit it all... but it will be worth it for sure!

Melanie said...

Don't you just hate those weekends when you feel trapped and can't do anything. (that's been the last 6 months) Hopefully you two will be able to see DC more when the weather starts to warm up. :0)

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

you guys look like you have so much fun together!!

Sarah said...

That looks like lots of fun! Maybe we'll have to go out to the Island the next time we get down there! It's always good to get out of the house!

Mark said...

wow!! nice work that looks like so much fun I did not realize that you live in DC I used to go there every year because I used to help run the fourth of July parade. Fun stuff I love it out there.

Jessica said...

So fun! Don't you just love the fact that we live in such a cool place? There is also something to do and see!

Kaylyn said...

I love Roosevelt island too! It was fabulous to see you guys yesterday, we should really do it more often. Good thing we have the Viewmont reunion coming up!

Natalie said...

You two are so super cute! Love the pics!

Jill said...

hey ali, i finally spotted your website link on facebook. it looks like you're living it up in DC, its so pretty there & full of so many things to do. remember you have a standing offer to visit ny & stay with us!