Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mexico!

While it is VERY HOT and VERY HUMID here, we just wanted to give you a taste of the beautiful sights of the Yucatan Peninsula here in Mexico.


This is Chichen Itza, probably the most famous of the Mayan ruins in the Yucatan. While it was amazing, some of the other smaller ruins have been our favorites.


This is Ek Balam. While it's not as famous as Chichen Itza it was one of our favorites because we got to climb all over the different pyramids and found rooms full of stones with engravings all over them.

Here's Lincoln climbing all over the ruins...


and Alisia climbing the big pyramid.



Finally, here's some of the carvings that we saw on our way up the pyramid...don't worry we didn't touch these ones. The important carvings were roped off so that tourists like us wouldn't get our muggy hands all over them. :)

Stay tuned for more pictures from Uxmal, Mayapan, Dzibilchaltun, Cabo, and Tulum...

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I am so stinkin' jealous! That looks like an AMAZING time!!

Joy said...

ooooo! aahhh! vacation pics---it's almost like I'm there with you two!
Have Fun!

Ambi Mo said...

FUN!!! I'm a little jealous too but are you jealous that I am going to be in Argie in days?!! If you are that will make me feel better. jaja! TE AMO!!!!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

how fun!

stephanie said...

You are definatley a blog geek! JK Cancun is so fun, I miss being there already. I hope you guys are enjoying the ocean, and don't get ripped off by too many vendors!

Brittney said...

Alli it was fun to hear from you! I do have to say that I am jelous as well. After having a baby I am ready for an adult vacation. Mexico would work just fine. We live in Phoenix right now and love it. Tux days??? For some reason that seems like decades ago. But I do keep seeing flashes of a little mermaid shirt from the DI! :)

Emily Hamilton said...

We're soo jealous!! Looks like you're having a good time. You deserve it after finals!
Hopefully Brett's law firm will do something like this in the future. :)
Have fun!
-Emily Hamilton

Jill said...

ooo la la that place looks amazing!

Melanie said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun. Keep the pictures coming. :0)

Rachel said...

Sounds fabulous!

What The Hill? said...

Hey,we were just there last summer. That is until we thought we should see a bull fight. A little too intense for me, but Cancun was great. Hope you had (or are still having?) A great time!

Kathryn said...

Hey Ali! This is Kathryn Bush(Ontiveros)now :) Blast from the past I know. My mom said you had sent us a wedding announcement but they lost it before I got to see it. You look wonderful though and it was fun to read your blog! Keep in touch! :)