Sunday, May 25, 2008

Philly!

Lincoln and Alisia: Philadelphia 2008
As many people know, Lincoln and I each have separate lists of 100 things we want to do before we die. One thing on Lincoln's List was to eat an official Philly Cheesesteak in Philly. Since Lincoln's Birthday is coming up, we decided that for memorial day weekend we would head to Philly and cross the Philly Cheesesteak off Lincoln's list.

After 4 hours of driving, we made it to Pat's King of Steaks to order the Cheesesteak. However the ordering was a little more complicated than we thought.... here is the menu to help you understand that you must order in "official" Philly cheesesteak language:
Lincoln and I tried all three types of Cheesesteaks to see which one was the best.
The vote was unanimous. The Whiz wit-out (note the correct lingo) won.
One more thing crossed off the list. My happy husband Lincoln:

We also stopped at the famous Scoupe Devilles exotic ice cream for dessert.
Then off to sightseeing...
We went to Independence Hall and saw the room where the Declaration of Independence and The Constitution was signed. It was amazing.



This is the first location of the U.S. Supreme Court:



This is the chair George Washington used while he presided over the Constitutional Convention. At the end of the convention, as Benjamen Franklin was signing the document, James Madison heard him say, ""I have often looked at [the sun] behind the president without being able to tell whether it was rising or setting. But now I... know that it is a rising...sun."








And of course, we saw the Liberty Bell.











Ben Franklin's Grave:
























The Famous Rocky Stairs at the Museum of Art:











One of my favorite parts about Philly is all of the beautiful murals on the buildings everywhere in the city














And we had some more fun along the way.
















Plus it was so fun to see our friends Dan and Maryann Eads! We stayed at their house in Philly and they were the most amazing hosts! We even all had a Sunday roast dinner together! Thanks so much Eads Family!



And... Happy Birthday Lincoln!!!!






13 comments:

Joy said...

You two live a life that only others can dream about!!!! Glad to know that you're having fun.
Happy, happy birthday Lincoln dear. Happy days will come to you all year. If I had a wish then it would be, a happy, happy birthday to you from me! (Imagine me singing the primary song)
We all love you and wish you a happy day!

Barb said...

So fun! I love Philly! Cat lived there for a year and half and I went twice to visit! I have to commend you for choosing the best cheesesteak place (Pat's) over the other ones (Geno's and Jim's).

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Happy birthday lincoln!! I've never had a Philly Cheesesteak.

Brooke S. said...

Philly is definitely on our list! Way to go Ali, your pictures are great.

Laura & Tyson said...

Happy B-day Lincoln! Did you guys just LOVE Scoop DeVille??!! Tyson and I absolutely loved it. Your trip looked fun.

Sarah said...

We're going to Philly in a little less than 2 weeks. My brother has been serving his mission there and he's done - so we are going down to "pick him up." I'm really excited!! Looks like you guys had a great time down there.

Kaylyn said...

Very fun! It looks like you became experts on ordering cheese steaks, which I know from experience is extremely difficult and stressful so I give you my complete praise. Happy Birthday Linc!! We need to get together soon!!

w and w said...

Holy hottie Ali! Talk about a beautimous picture up top (whistle, whistle). Believe you me we're hoping to head to your neck of the woods...if only it were all up to us. Hey, I bet you've met our cousin, James Egan, by now, tell him hi from us, and we'll call him to babysit Annie next weekend.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

you two are always off on some adventure, wish you lived closer, we love adventures!!

Taylor, Melanie and Grace said...

First of all...your wedding pictures are gorgeous!!! You are such a beautiful girl Ali! Looks like a fun trip to Philly.

Rachel said...

You guys do the funnest things! That is one reason I am sad we don't live back east with y'all... all the fun friends and all the fun sight seeing. I'm all about going places on holidays.
We do enjoy Lance's firm. They are very family friendly and I am actually invited to everything but 1 partner dinner... which happens to be tonight. That is one reason why we chose them for the summer.

Emily Hamilton said...

Fun! You guys are always up to some adventure. I love it! We want to go to Philly sometime soon.
Glad you had a good time. Enjoy Utah!
-Emily and Brett
P.S. I love the pic of Lincoln in the $5 bill, that's perfect.:)

MaryAnn said...

Loved the blog post! But I thought I should tell you that I married SAM Eads! ha ha. I feel bad that we were so busy with school when you came that we were lame and depressed. It looks like you had fun anyway and I hope you did. We will need to hang out again in the future when I can act like a normal person instead of someone who just got attacked by the law school monster! :)PS- thank you for the thank you. You're welcome anytime.