Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Arizona

Last week I flew over a hop skip and a jump from Orange County, California to Mesa, Arizona. I have three of my dearest mission friends that are currently living in Arizona. It was so good to see these girls, and each of our time together in Arizona was so fun and unique just like our time together in Argentina.

I first visited Alexis, the former Hermana Roussel. Roussel was my trainer in the mission, and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. We became dear friends, and when we came home I also convinced her to come to NYC and DC with me on a fun girls trip. Turns out I ended up meeting my husband for the first time on that trip. Just one of the many reasons while this girl has been a HUGE blessing in my life.

Alexis took the day off from work to spend it with me. Of course we went shopping and bought matching shirts... some things never change. (three dollar shirts at Target, how could be pass it up?)


Furthermore, I was so excited to meet Roussel's husband for the first time. I was SO impressed with his kindness and hospitality towards me. And it was so fun to see Roussel so happy with her hubby.
I also got to spend some time with Ali Bolen. Formally known as Hermana Bolen. Bolen was my last companion in the mission. She saved my sanity and helped me not think about home by telling me countless stories from her life, the life of her friends, and the life of her friend's friends...
She also took the day off, and of course we went shopping. The best part was that we test drove a Lexus and then received a $20 gift certificate anywhere in the mall. We went to the Grand Lux and ordered Asian nachos with our gift certicifates. SO GOOD!

My third mission friend I saw last week in Arizona was Janny Westwood. We were never actually companions, but she was always in the same area with me throughout the year and a half and we became great friends.
Westwood always made me laugh, and my time in Arizona just continued our hillarious adventures together. When we were at the mall, we decided to eat in the food court. When we were almost done, the cleaning lady handed us a piece of paper from two guys sitting about two tables away. The paper had their phone number on it. Westwood and I just laughed and laughed because apparently the guys didn't notice our hands and the fact that we are both MARRIED! We were very flattered, but just laughed and took pictures.
And yes the number is real. We gave it to Bolen when she came home from school.
After our experience at the mall, we went over to Borders and entertained ourselves for a while. My favorite part about this picture is the difference in the type of books that Westwood and I were reading...

I had such a fun time in Arizona I love these girls so much and it was so fun to see them! Thanks so much for the good times and driving me around last week!




7 comments:

Lex said...

Is it bad that I have been waiting for this post? I am so glad you came and that you got to meet Riley and get to know him a bit. I am especially grateful for our marriage talks now I feel sort of normal?!? Wink wink. We should plan a "real" vacation one of these days husbands and all.
Love your guts

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

What a fun trip!!! Did ALi tell you about the trial our poor mutual friend Caitlin is going through?? Tough stuff.

Ali said...

yay for Abegg in arizona! it was so much fun to see you and chat and tell you more stories about my life and friend's lives and my friend's friend's lives...whats wrong with me? anyway...it was great. hope youre doing well. im heading to san diego saturday so hopefully we can see each other!

Sarah said...

That looks like a blast! Funny story about the phone number! Either they didn't notice your ring or they didn't care (that happens a lot up here!) Come over to my blog and leave your thought on Breaking Dawn - I want to know what you didn't like.

Janny said...

I love your post, but I am must admit I am just a little embarrassed by the scary mission picture. I guess it is good to show before and after to show the whole story though. By the way, I had a ton of fun on my whirlwind trip to Mesa to see you and Bolen. I was secretly maybe a little bit bummed that those boys didn't call back again. That was a fun time. Hope to do it again!

modestmuse said...

So cute that you have then and now pics for all the girls -- you're all so lovely. Mind if I give that number a call? JUST kidding :D Neil's fam is from Mesa, I hope I get to visit soon!

Ambi Mo said...

I am amazed at home brown Bolen is and how long her hair is!!! And I'm a little jealous about you all being together... te amo!