Monday, December 8, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....



What would I do without my mother?  We received some sweet Christmas Decor in the mail last week from my mom. I was so excited that I took a break from writing essays and decorated. I turned the Christmas music up and it finally started to feel like the holidays. As Lincoln and I put the tree together I became gitty with Christmas excitement--no joke. Having our tiny apartment look like Christmas really makes it FEEL like Christmas time. And thanks mom for knowing exactly my style. I love sparkles!

{This cute tile was a Christmas gift from my friend Stephanie--so sweet}
{I LOVE LOVE LOVE our tree. I love the theme of silver and green ornaments. I love how the tree is the PERFECT size for our tiny apartment. 
I couldn't be happier.}






{This sign is the product of Enrichment. I love Relief Society.}






Doe.

A dear.
A female dear.













{And of course the peppermint treats for our guests}
{This is the note that my mom sent with two of these beauties. And I can tell you one thing, Lincoln has been so cute and leaves me sweet notes in my stocking everyday. }



Happy Holidays! 

15 comments:

Joy said...

Hello my little blog hacker!!!
Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with "my readers" (haha!)
You made me smile!
I love you
mom

Jessica said...

I am obsessed with Christmas decorations! I totally love yours. They are too cute! The leaving a note in the stockings is such a good idea.....I love it!

Sarah said...

How cute are you? Your decorations and tree look awesome!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh cute!! I think it's so important to have Christmas decor up -- it really does help get into the mood!! Espcially when you're away from home.

MaryAnn said...

Your mom is so awesome! I'm a little jealous. I've been following her blog religiously since you posted the 4th of July decorations she made. So cute. :)

Sunshine Promises said...

So enjoy these simple years. David and I have so many warm memories of our first year of marriage in our hole-in-the-wall-with-no-air-conditioning-during-VA-summers apartment. It may be simple but - hey - love is ALL you need.

Merry Christmas, Essigs! Merry Christmas!

P.S. Love the decorations. You have such a great sense of style!

Anonymous said...

So cute Ali!! It all looks so dang cute!! You and your mom both are very creative!

Rachel said...

So cute! Your mom and you have such cute original ideas for decorations. I love them.
Can't wait to see you guys at the Christmas party this year!!

M said...

Awesome decorations! I can see that you got your mom's creativity!

stephanie said...

I love the decorations, I can't wait to hear about your fun trip!!! See you this holiday season!

Hale-O There said...

hey this is rach- we met briefly once, but I have known linc since I was born I think. Anyway tell Linc hi and I loved your christmas decorations, they are fabulous.

Andrea McEntire said...

ALI!!!!!!! Hey girl! What is up?? I was so happy to hear from you! How are you doing? Your apartment sure looks fabulous, move over Martha! I'm so glad to see that you are being you're usual self; happy, vibrant, full of personality etc. Keep in touch!

Love,
Andrea

Marinda said...

You are the decorating queen!

Emily said...

You are GOOD at decorating! You can come do some magic in my student housing cinder-block apartment any time!

naomi megan. said...

oh all those lovely christmas decorations are to die for!!! thanks for commenting about dc. where do you guys live? we don't really think we're moving, but we maybe wrote down lots of numbers off for sale and for rent signs while we were driving around... we felt that sold about it! any neighborhoods you'd recommend?

xo