For Thanksgiving we drove to Durham North Carolina to spend the weekend with Ali's AMAZING cousin Kimberly and her ADORABLE family. The weekend was better than we could have imagined. Kimberly and Nathan were the bests hosts this side of the Mississippi. We felt so completely welcome in their home. Plus, we both fell in LOVE with their 100 year old house that they have remodeled. It was such a blessing to be able to spend the holidays with family. Nathan and Kimberly were very GENEROUS the entire weekend, and treated us to a FABULOUS weekend away from home. We definitely want to come back soon!
Isn't their kitchen gorgeous!? Oh, and did we mention that Kimberly is a gourmet cook!
Her food was SO GOOD!
We ate on platters--they were HUGE.
Ali and her amazing, hip, and talented cousin Kimberly
These are her two little girls. We were "practicing" putting on lipstick.
{That is what happens when you leave me in a room with girls!}
Lincoln reading to the girls
while we were waiting in the car.
{He is going to be a great dad someday!}

Playing in Duke Gardens with the kids

The Cathedral on Duke's Campus

This is where students camp out
to get tickets to Duke's basketball games.

Lincoln was so excited to go to a Duke B-Ball game that
he decided to carry me there!
7 comments:
AGH!! I am SO SO SO jealous! Seriously! Man, I have been a HUGE Duke fan for ... well, forever. I've got tremendous respect for Coach K. MAN! That's so cool you could go to a game! That's one of my life's dreams :) No seriously, it is. What an awesome way to spend the Thanksgiving break!
wow!! so jealous of the game, and the gourmet cooking. Although my mom is an amazing cook. I still miss her food!
How fun! You guys are so funny. I love that Lincoln wanted to carry you to the game! Duke is nice, huh. There's a good chance we'll be down there in 2 years. You'll have to come visit!
Man Ali I want your life! Every week you guys are traveling somewhere new! How fun, enjoy it while you can!! Wish we would have done more of it!
Fun! I loved reading your tag post. You are totally an extrovert. I love that about you. And I'm wondering which girl's nights have gone to 2 a.m. Or maybe you girls just keep partying after I leave? Anyway, I'm totally down for a girl's night that goes until 2 a.m. so we should have one sometime soon... I guess when you are finished with finals.
Yum! Looks like a great Thanksgiving. I love the picture of Lincoln reading to the kids. You two are so much fun! The game looked like a good time, I'm jealous.
This post SO makes me miss the East Coast! Duke was one of our top picks for MBA school (but Purdue's assistantship won out) so I totally ditto the beautiful campus comment. Seriously. Loved. It.
And the Carolinas. Ahhhhhhh. One of our job offers was in Charlotte and we were SO tempted. Who knows? Maybe we'll end up there anyways?!?
Anyhoo, eat it up. Nothin' like East Coast livin'.
Post a Comment