Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On the Inauguration Platform:

I know it has almost been two weeks, (work + school = not enough time for blogging) but I did want to post the pics I took at work the day after the inauguration. They had the platform open, and we were allowed to walk around. There were tons of people, but still a fantastic opportunity to stand in the actual place where Obama gave his inauguration speech.  


This is the door where they came out:











I am standing a little forward and to the left of where Obama gave his speech. You can't see it in the picture, but the coolest part is the vents right where he was standing. Rumor has it, they were blowing hot air to keep all the speakers warm. 


The view looking out towards the National Mall.




I love my job.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Wow- that is so cool!

I read a blog post today that rounded up a lot of the press links on your boss' cot story.

http://www.slcspin.com/?p=471

M said...

I'm jealous of your job ;).

Anonymous said...

You really do have a cool job! I liked reading your post about getting into the actual inauguration- what a neat experience! It sounds like it was a crazy day!

Annie and Berkeley said...

Very cool!! I would have loved to be there and see all of that! You do have a great job!

Emily Hamilton said...

For a second I thought you had front row seats to the inauguration.:) That's so cool you got to walk around the platform. I'm jealous of your job! :) By the way, could we schedule a tour of the Capitol with you??

M. said...

work it girl... and very jealous of your job.