
Remember when you were little and you dreamed what you do when you grew up? Well, until a couple of months ago, I still wondered.
Then by nothing less than divine guidance I figured it out and landed my dream job.
I just started last week. It is busy, I often work 10 hour days. But I couldn't be happier. I feel challenged, I feel like I am using my Masters degree, and I feel appreciated. I work with some of the most kind, patient, and intelligent people I have ever met.
After work, Lincoln just listens and listens as I tell him the details of my day. I get really excited when I tell him what I am working on. On Thursday he commented, "It has been a long time since I have seen you this happy."
This week the highlights included: scheduling and sitting in on interviews with CNN, FOX-Good Day Utah, KSL talk radio, NBC nightly news, ABC World News with Charles Gibson, Politico, and Roll Call. Oh yeah, and lets not forget about the Colbert Report. This little ditty had the whole office laughing for hours.
Although, my all time favorite is carpooling to work everyday with my Lincoln. He is also working on Capitol Hill this semester as a law clerk.
So, this blog may get a little more boring. No more spontaneous trips to Florida, New York or New England. No more road trips across the country.
Maybe I should change the header to: The DC Essigs: Finally starting to pay off those grad school loans.
22 comments:
Good for you. The same thing happened to me when I finally got my own classroom. It's an awesome feeling.
I'm glad you found something you love. That's more rare than expected. And at least you guys took advantage of your freedom b/f you settled into work. :)
congrats!! I'm so happy for you. That sounds like such a fun job!!! Sign ME up! :)
I kind of think you'll still make adventures, despite the 9-8er
So...so...COOL! I expect nothing less from you, Amazing Ali. That Colbert video is hilarious.
congrats on landing your dream job! that is really great, it is very very nice to enjoy work. i look forward to hearing about your happenings.
Congrats lady!
Wow! Congrats! I didn't realize you landed such a high profile job. That's so great. Way to go!
Congrats, that is so awesome!
Ali, that's wonderful! Congratulations!! It really is true that "if you love your job, you'll never work a day in your life." I can't wait to hear all about it on Fri.!
Pretty hilarious!
I'm glad you are enjoying your new job so much. I loved it when me and Riley got to carpool to and from work, i miss those days. Treasure them!!
Congrats! What a great job!
Sounds exciting! I forgot to tell you how I did my blog design. This website tells you everything you need to know. Its great!
http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/
You just amaze me chica! Wow- how incredible! And what an amazing opportunity! I am just so impressed. Now that you have figured out what you want to be when you grow up... can you help me out? :) ha ha ha
Congrats! You rock!
Congratulations! That is some major publicity there! Way to go girl!
We're sooooo happy to know that you are happy at your grown-up girl job!
We love you both!
Wow that sounds so cool! I am Excited to hear more of the cool things you do at work!
So I take it there is no sneaking in late to work now that Chaffetz is sleeping on a cot in his office.
http://thinkprogress.org/2009/01/07/freshman-dc-office/
Wow, When I was reading your blog/article I kind of felt like I was watching some sort of twist of legally blonde. Girl and Guy from little UTAH working up on Capital Hill! That is sooooo awesome!!! What a Huge accomplishment! You should feel really proud of yourself and all of you have done with your life! So many accomplishments! CONGRATS!
Go Ali! Congrats on the job, what an amazing opportunity.
I want to be YOU when I grow up.
You forgot to mention the hundreds of other applicants you beat out because you are so poised, smart, beautiful, and driven. So I'll mention it for you! I'm so proud of you, but I'm not surprised. You could do ANYTHING- your just one of those dang gifted people. I love ya! Please come down and visit if you guys need a mini vacation. I might even whip out the waffle maker!
Post a Comment