Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines--Hearts and Ben Folds.

Last year on Valentines Day Lincoln surprised me by leaving hearts all over our apartment with memories of our relationship written on them. This year, he used the same hearts as last year, then cut out pictures of our first year of marriage in the shape of hearts
and left them around the house.

When I came home from teaching pilates, Lincoln was gone tutoring, and I found this:
It made me cry as I read the hearts from last year. They brought back so many memories!


The night before Valentines, Lincoln surprised me by getting tickets to the Ben Folds and Jason Mraz Concert at GW. I was SO EXCITED! I have wanted to see Ben Folds in concert for YEARS! I couldn't have asked for a better date.

Jason Mraz
Ben Folds


We met up with some friends at the concert.
It was so good to see Kristen while she was in town!



I love Valentines

12 comments:

Kathryn said...

FUN! I love them both, what a great surprise!

Holly said...

You guys are such a cute couple! You should make babies:)

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Once again, you guys are the most fun couple I know.

M. said...

I was at the concert too!!

mare said...

how romantic. love love your hair too.

Barb said...

What a sweetie you have! Your hair looks great- I can't believe you cut it yourself. I met your boss today at the Utah Capitol!

Rachel said...

Ben Folds is wonderfully dorky isn't he? I am so glad. Also, I am so glad you married Lincoln. Who else could compete with this kind of mushy romance stuff?

Rachel said...

Lincoln is such a creative guy... be very grateful you landed a "creative engineer". They are hard to come by :)

Sarah said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! Too bad we didn't get to see you when we were down there.

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Ohhh...so cute (especially the hearts)! Amazing how Valentine's Day goes from the crappiest day of the year to one of the best days of the year when you have a permanent sweetheart to share ALL the Valentine's Days with!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

P.S. I agree. You guys should make babies :) Just don't have a pregnancy like mine.

modestmuse said...

Awwwwwwww!!!! How sweet. You two are amazing together. What a sweet, thoughtful guy.