
Ali: "Lincoln, why did you clear the microwave timer? I was going to put my food right back in."
Lincoln: "Because you never clear the timer on the microwave when you are done cooking your food, and it kinda bothers me. I did it for you because I thought you were done."
Ali: "So I never clear the microwave timer just like you keep using the curtain rod in the front room to hang all your clothes on..."
Lincoln: "No. We were talking about food, you can't bring up another topic. That is like being at a Natural Resource Committee Hearing and asking questions concerning the Judiciary Committee."
Ali: "That makes sense. But I still think you should put your clothes away, and I will try and remember to clear the timer next time." (Thinking in my head) We have become complete nerds since we started working on Capitol Hill....
12 comments:
haha! Ali, I try to take my food out with 1 second remaining...and leave it that way. it sort of feels like an accomplishment...!?
Sad thing is, if you had not bolded the part about the committees, I may not have noticed anything different about that conversation. I guess I am a nerd too!!
Thats funny, My husband cant stand when I don't clear the timer on the microwave! I'll have to tell him he's not as weird as I thought he was :)
That's hilarious!
I just laughed out loud...Too funny! However, I'm in the same boat as Kaylyn. It sounded like a normal conversation to me. Sheesh - I need to get outta DC.
That was pretty nerdy, good call.
It's a good thing you both work on the hill or you wouldn't no how to respond to that kind of reasoning!
BTW, it looks like I'm comment #7 on your blog. Just think, you could be comment #337 on mine! TeeeHeee!!!
I just had to type "rerloop" in the word verification. That could almost be considered a term from the Hill.
Ha! Hilarious. You are nerds ;-) but it was sort of a good analogy.
Ahh, I think it might have to do with being married to an attorney-to-be and a gov employee too. Hubs and I have convos like that all the time!! You just care when your life is so wrapped up in it!
not nerds, Effective at arguing. Good for you!!
Tagged you1
What is it with men not being able to stand having time left on the microwave timer? Neil is bugged when I do that, too :)
Post a Comment