Thursday, June 18, 2009

The rest of the apartment.


Master Bedroom:
The color of the room used to be a baby blue, but we painted it a light grey.
We continued the "shutter" theme, and used one of the shutters for the headboard. Next time my mom is in town, I want to make a nicer headboard, but this one works for now. 
We bought the night stands on Craigs List, and received the lamps for free. We spray painted them and bought new shades. 




This is my favorite piece in the bedroom. I have SO much jewelry and my mom came up with the idea to use an old door we got for free and make it into my jewelry center. She but a shelf, and a mirror on it, and door stoppers to hold the jewelry. It is so nice to have everything organized!




Second Bedroom/ office:
Before:


After:
We painted it from peach to white, and it feels so much bigger and brighter!
And, yes you can see where we store our bikes!  That is the ONLY negative aspect of our new apartment, no porch or garage to store the bikes! So we do what we can. 


Equipped with a futon and all.  This second bedroom makes everything easier when  guests come stay with us. 


The Bathroom:
My mom always taught me that it is important to put your cotton and ear swabs in pretty jars, so the bathroom is a more pleasant place. 





That about does it for the tour of our new apartment. We absolutely LOVE it! We feel so blessed that we got such a good deal on the place and that it is walking distance to the metro (which will come in handy when Lincoln starts working).

We are also very lucky that my mom came out and we were able to put the apartment together in less than one week. While there is always more little projects we can do, it already feels like home.


9 comments:

Kristin said...

I love it! You are seriously creative, Ali. It's lovely! We were sorry we didn't get to see you along with Mr. Essig when you were out here...but maybe next time. Or maybe we'll come out there! Thanks for the apartment peek.

Darbee said...

I LOVE the new apartment! I can't believe all the improvements you guys have made... it looks AWESOME! Want to do my house next?!? :) I most definitely don't have the creative/designer gift that you do. You're seriously amazing! Good Work!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new place! It really looks great, I am so happy for you!

modestmuse said...

So cute!! I s-e-r-i-o-u-s-l-y need help with my place. When are you coming? I know you told me, but I can't find that e-mail! Anyway, good work on your place! I love all the "E"s :)

MaryAnn said...

Your apartment is so beautiful! What great style! I just might have to come stay with you one of these days. :)

mare said...

looks so great. very ecclectic, and i love it! isn't it so great to get more space so you feel like you can spread out a little.

Andrea McEntire said...

I am so impressed with your decorating chops. I vote that you post a blog just about decorating tips for designing on a student budget.

Bethany said...

I thought it looked pretty great when Brittany and Ben lived there, but you guys have done a great job! I can't wait to see it in person...

Laura Essig said...

Yay!!! I love your new apartment!!! how was it with les and coco?