Thursday, April 29, 2010

We’ve all put an epic typo in an email at one time or another.... right?

I am the type of person who is usually running a 100 miles an hour and so I don't always pay attention to details unless I know it is important.

Well, today that personality trait just caused for a major embarrassing moment:

Note the email exchange below. My response came because I was typing too fast, and when I accidentally spelled “position” wrong, I didn't pay attention to the word that Spell Check changed for me. Imagine my horror when I found out what I actually sent!

(Names have been changed to protect their identity!)
_______________________________
From: John Doe
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 4:03 PM
To: Conservative Communicators
Subject: Moving on

Dear Conservative Communicators:

Tomorrow marks my last day at The Heritage Foundation. On Monday I begin my tenure as Press Secretary to Congressman so and so.

It has been a pleasure to run this meeting and to meet so many of you. I look forward to working with you in my new capacity, and I’ll see you all in our meetings once a month.

John
______________________________
From: Essig, Alisia
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 4:06 PM
To: John Doe
Subject: RE: Moving on

Congrats on the new prostitution!


______________________________
From: John Doe
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 4:33 PM
To: Alisia Essig
Subject: RE: Moving on

Thanks, Alisia. I’m very excited about it. And your email was definitely good for a laugh this afternoon! I needed that! I think a lot of the American people would agree with you about my move!

9 comments:

Barb said...

That is hilarious!

Rachel said...

Oh man. That definitely brightened my day!

Kristy said...

Ha ha HAAAA! That is hilarious!

A few years ago Jared found pictures of his ex-girlfriend with her husband and kids and he commented, "I love this picture of your beautiful family."

Except he left out the "y" on "your."

Awkward!

Karissa Kay said...

hahahaha!! I love it.

modestmuse said...

LOLOLOLOL I'm dying here!!!!! :D

Allison and Noah Riley said...

This is absolutely hysterical. And I don't know who Kristy is - but her story has me in tears, I am laughing so hard!

Haley said...

first off, Happy Belated Birthday Ali!! Hope it was one to remember :) And about this post...Lol...that is awesome. heehee Thanks for sharing it! Oh, and i loved that P90x guy's advice about sticking to food (as much as possible) with one ingredient =) Here's to staying healthy! (easier said than done;)

Erin said...

I'm laughing so hard- you might induce pre-term labor!

M said...

Laughing out loud right now.