Sunday, June 22, 2008

The D.I.


This last Friday, Lincoln and I went to the LDS temple (therefore we were dressed up very nice) and then we decided to go to the Kabob Palace for dinner. However, knowing that the line would be long we chose to make the best use of our time and have Lincoln go to Target and run some errands while I waited in line for our food. After about 20 mins. of waiting alone, a man in a very nice suit approached me. He came up close to me, so that no one else could hear, and then he asked, "Does the D.I. mean anything to you?"
Of course, being a girl from Utah, who spent two years of her high school life, working after school at the Deseret Industries thrift store, nicknamed the D.I.--- I answered, "Oh yes, definitely!"
Then the man proceeded to say, in a very official tone, "I thought so, Hi, my name is Agent ____, from the FBI. I believe we have met before."
At this point I was very confused. I then proceeded to tell him, "Um... I think you might be mistaken. I was thinking about a thrift store in Utah called the D.I. that I used to work for."
The man replied, "I think you are right. However, you do look very familiar to me. I am sorry to disturb you."
And then the man walked straight out the door. He didn't even stay to pick up his food. It was very interesting. And I thought to myself... "Only in D.C." as I laughed a little under my breath.

For those of you still wondering what the D.I. could possibly stand for besides the Deseret Industries... just think, Department of Intelligence.

9 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

Ali, that's a hilarious story! Thanks for the info about what D.I means. :) Sounds like you two are having a lot of fun! Good stuff.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

soo weird.. an funny. WOnder what heanted if you had be in his "DI"

Taylor, Melanie and Grace said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny! That must have been a little wierd though.

Kathryn said...

crazy! You should have gone along with it... :)

Brooke S. said...

yikes! Funny story ali!

I forgot to answer your question about the scrapbook stuff - I actually have Photoshop CS2 (CS3 is the newest version). Max got it for me for my birthday last year and it's seriously the best present I've ever received. We got a student edition (I bet Lincoln's school has one?) and it cost 200 whoppers or so. Pretty pricey, but you'd absolutely love it. m

Sarah said...

Aaah, that's hilarious! Wow, it must have been a little freaky though ...

Neil said...

Thats so funny. Only in DC. We have lots of bizarre FBI/CIA stories. You guys need to come over for a BBQ one of these weekends!

Kristy said...

Ha ha! That's great. And your poem is coming, crazy girl.

Mike and Michelle said...

Lincoln, I finally made a website. It's good to see you guys have one too. Ours is www.lifewiththeballs.blogspot.com. I also may be applying to GW for PA school let me know how it over there. Mike Ball